• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Hate This Feeling...

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
Every single time I go to the bunnies enclosure, I always feel that one's missing... sounds really stupid when I write it down, and I know that Scarlett has been at the bridge since December, but at dinner times especially I forget, and it really really hurts :( I just want her back, I miss her dearly.
Does anyone else feel this?

I haven't lost any buns' yet but I frequently still go over to my now empty chinchilla / degu cage to feed and water them and give them treats. :cry: xx

I don't think it's stupid - just human xx :love:

Lots of ((( hugs ))) for you.

Yeah. I always say Piglet and Eeyore, and then realise :( It's hard when they've been there for so long and now they're not

Just today when the girls were running around the garden, every 10 minutes I do a head count (as they are troublemakers!) and I was looking round for a 6th bunny :cry:

The thing I hate most, is when people ask me how many bunnies I have, I say 7, as that's what I have... but I always add that I had Scarlett, as I don't want to forget her.
I think I just can't come to terms with that's she's not coming back...

Yeah. I always say Piglet and Eeyore, and then realise :( It's hard when they've been there for so long and now they're not

on my carry box it wrote in permanent marker Alvin & Pearl, right on the top where i see it everytime i look at the carrier :cry::cry::cry::cry:

i guess ill get used to Alvin and Holly but its sounds wrong at the mo

I have the same feelings with the rats and cats at the moment, because I've lost some very recently.
Its horrible looking onto the windowsil and Smudge not being there, and it sounds odd but doing the cats tablets at night is really hard because I don't have to think about Smudge and Mustard's tablets and help Mustard onto the bed.

It a natural thing and shows they were loved.

W recently lost an old horse at our yard I took care of. I still make and throw his feed over the door... It's very painful and I know sometimes you wonder if the feeling will ever go away :cry:

I have the same feelings with the rats and cats at the moment, because I've lost some very recently.
Its horrible looking onto the windowsil and Smudge not being there, and it sounds odd but doing the cats tablets at night is really hard because I don't have to think about Smudge and Mustard's tablets and help Mustard onto the bed.

It a natural thing and shows they were loved.

That's a very nice thing to say :)

I really hope Scar new how much I loved her (well still do).
We'll meet again, I'm sure, I'll really look forward to it :love:

Im constantly outside checking runs.
If you dont mind me asking, what happened to Scarlett Hetty? I never knew, sorry if i upset you :oops: :love:

Just found her one day :cry::cry::cry:
She lost a lot of weight and we didn't know what was wrong with her, but she put on a lot of weight after I'd panacured her and fed her barley rings etc. and she randomly died out of the blue in her recovery.
Aboslutely gutting :cry:

Just found her one day :cry::cry::cry:
She lost a lot of weight and we didn't know what was wrong with her, but she put on a lot of weight after I'd panacured her and fed her barley rings etc. and she randomly died out of the blue in her recovery.
Aboslutely gutting :cry:

its heartbreaking, i had similar happen with Angelica, just lost her, she was fine and the next min she was gone :cry:
big hugs to you xxxxxxx

The thing I hate most, is when people ask me how many bunnies I have, I say 7, as that's what I have... but I always add that I had Scarlett, as I don't want to forget her.
I think I just can't come to terms with that's she's not coming back...

I always say three, but say i had four. I cant not say it. I think i find it ard because my bunnies snowballed quickly, from september 06 i had two, and by august 07 i had four... so ive always had four. And now to say i have three just feels so wrong.

I get a sinking feeling whenever i go to the shed sometimes...I just worry one isnt there.

I think because you found Scarlett so unexpectedly its created a worry in your head. Im not saying either is better or worse, but like...when you told me what happened about Pebbles i was in such shock when i got home, i was OMG did that just happen, she could have died. and im not used to things like that happenign quickly.

And when Scarlett died, it was unexpected. so now youre always prepared. just incase. And i dont think anything anybody says can change that, it will just take take. When you get to the new house, with all of them together in a new enclosure it will probabaly help. as it will be different.

huge hugs:)

I'm really hoping the bonding will bring about some change in my head.
The dynamics in my group have changed for the better. (When Scarlett died, the dynamics all went topsy turvy), but now they're all okay.
Yes, finding Scarlett had an AWFUL effect on me.
For days - weeks I could not face to go into there (and I was looking after my neighbours guinea pigs too) so I had to get my Dad to go out and check if everyone was still alive (sounds really awful)
I still have to convince myself sometimes that one is NOT dead, and it's all in my head.
I have mini panics about one certain bunny, for example... "Benji, Benji, I just feel he's dead" and then I panic about it, and I have to pluck up the courage just to check on them, and then Benji will be bouncing around like a looneytune.
It's absolute craziness, the group isn't the same anymore. I LOVED my group of 5, Scarlett was so so so special, nothing is the same without her :cry:
Sarah Jane, you're right, hopefully the move will bring about some change, and atleast Scarlett will be laid to rest there in the garden with her friends (and some new ones!) :lol:

I always think something is going to happen to Domino. Always. I think he is going to die because his dad did. Even if its not related, i just dont see how he is going to have a long life when his dads was so short. I also sometimes worry about karma and think....is he going to die because he is the baby of peanut and jelly, like,...i did the wrong thing, they had babies. And i feel like im going to be punished. Like hes going to be riddled with health problems. ironically he has the best teeth, and over all healthyness in the entire group aside from his weight!

And yeh, when i write it down its sound silly. but i guess all fears are quite "silly" really?

Yeh I totally know how you feel. I still cant admit to myself that Tillys gone, its been 3 and a half months. Myself and OH still talk about her asif shes around, and sometimes I'll see Timmy or Mimi out of the corner of my eye and think its her :cry:
She's on my signature you'll see. I just cant leave her out because I love her so much and miss her all the time :love:

SJ, I see what you mean, but Domino certainly isn't going anywhere!
He's so funny :lol:
If I leave the hutch door open, he'll look down and be like.. "Woah, what's down there!!!"
I love Domino, so humanised and cheeky!

Gemma, this is the exact same feeling. I talk about Scarlett like you talk about Tilly. I even talk to her casket in my room :oops:

it sounds daft but i think hes one of those bunnies you swear you know what hes thinking! :lol:

Yeah yeah, he is!!
I frequently go in the run to play with them, and Domino is always climbing on me like "Who is you, coming in my run yeah? You threatening my wifes and my muvva?"
:love::lol::lol:

Back