• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What was the noise he made? Quite worried!

Becca24

Mama Doe
Ok so I just went out to Pip to do my last check before bed. Pip isnt the cleanest of bun in his bottom area he gets things stuck so I check him morning and night in case he needs cleaning, anyway I just picked him up from his run to put him back in his hutch (dont let him have access to his run all night yet cos it still gets chilly and he is only young) and sat him on my lap and gave him a nose rub and then moved my hand ready to try and turn him over and he made a sound that was a cross between a cough, a hiccup and a sneeze which I dont think it was though, so what was it??? I am really worried now, I have never actually heard a rabbit make this sound before. :(:(

Did I hurt or wind him when I moved my hand or was he annoyed at what I was about to do??

If ayone has any idea please let me know!! :cry:

I know that noise - Charlie does it when hes scared (if i come in the room and he hasnt realised) - its nothing to worry about.. he actually does it alot but a few seconds after when he knows hes ok - he will come up for nose rubs..

Mittens also did it the other day when I went to get her out of her cage.

i think its just a 'im scared' noise :(

Oh ok, thank you! Feel terrible though!! :( The only other thing that I can think may have scared him was the security light it went on and off in the garden but then he should be used to that cos it does that every time the dog goes out for a wee! :?

Oh well as long as he isnt hurt thats the main thing, he probably knew what I was about to do and didnt want his bum checked (funny enough my daughter does the same thing :lol:), so he got away with it tonight, nawty boy!! :D

yes it could have been anything - charlie does it at the silliest at times - along with a little stamp! I think he is just a nervy bun..and sometimes \i catch him unawares.

Yours will know what to do in future to get out of bum checks :lol::lol:

Back