• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water Bowls

briony_y

Young Bun
Hi,

I just got a rabbit on saturday so am new to this. I am currently using a water bowl it is a small metal one but a couple of times Tink has purposely thrown it over! I'm worried she'll do it when I am at work and be left with no water. I've tried a bottle but she doesn't seem to know what to do with it!

Anyone know of a good bowl to use for water which can't be tipped??

The heavy ceramic ones are harder for a bunny to throw, but I prefer bottles for my boys. Perhaps leave a bottle up as well as a dish - if your bun tips over the dish he may discover the water bottle and use it.

Thanks might look into getting a ceramic one then! I wonder if those ones that you use for cat's milk would work?

Its worth trying! Plus make sure your bun has lots of other things to throw to distract her - even empty kitchen roll tubes are good fun for throwing!

She does lol! She has about 4 different throwing toys! she has a carrot which is made of what looks like rope with raffia on the end for leaves, she has 2 toys from P@H which are like a piece of thick rope with a wooden cube on each end, and she has a thing called a tossing toy which is a cylinder type shape with tassles on either side...

These also have found their way into her water bowl :lol:

I have a metal bowl and it sits in a ring that is attached to the wall ;) You can get them in different sizes and guaranteed not to move. :lol:

I have a heavy ceramic bowl, but i have also just used a normal breakfast cereal bowl when ive been washing the buns one.

Thanks I think I might try the ceramic one first as I think wilkinsons do they quite cheap if not then I'll try the one you attach to the bars!

Thanks again

I have two ceramic bowls in for my lot and they haven't managed to knock them over, maybe a stray paw has gone in but thats it.
I'm abit paranoid and put two bottles darted around there mansion just incase :oops:

I have a cat sized ceramic bowl and as long as I keep it topped up my bun wont tip it over, but I have tried all sorts of weighted and ceramic bowls for food, and because he only has a few pellets he throws it straight over, on many occasions smashing it onto the patio :roll:

Would also love to hear of any unmovable rabbit bowls!

Back