• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just remembered we are going on holiday, what do I do with Pip?

Becca24

Mama Doe
We are going to Euro Disney for Chloe's 2nd birthday at the end of May, had so much on my mind just lately I kind of forgot we were going! :oops: So it has just me that I have to find someone to have dog and bunny!

Rolo is sorted he is going to MIL's for the week, she often has him if need be so thats all fine! :) But the my problem is what to do with Pip? :?

Do I :

A) try and transport (some how) his hutch and run to my mum's and him stay there, only problem with that is the transportation of hutch etc and my mum has a yorkie puppy who has never seen a rabbit in his life! :?

B) get him into a place that boars rabbits, I have never had to use one before so dont know of any goods ones near me but I am sure there are some.

C) get my neighbour to come and check on him, feed, change water etc everyday, problem being she has no experience of keeping rabbits and she has a 6 and a 4 year old who I dont really want harassing Pip etc plus me and pip have our routine and I dont know if she would follow it etc.

So what do I do, I know that whatever I do with him I will worry (I am a natural worrier anyway) but each option has a negative to it.

Any suggestions would be grateful or just put my mind at ease would help.

Becca
x

Would definitely recommend the boarding option/ Having used all options in the past (including my elderly Mother and neighbour :oops: ), I realise I was very lucky that they didn't get poorly whilst in either of their care as, with the best will inthe world, neither of them would have picked up on some illnesses.

Hopefully someone local to you will be able to recommend a boarding facility - there are some skanky ones out there and I wouldn't board my buns with one that wasn't recommended.

:wave:
I have used these before:
(look on Gallery of guests and Sooty is on page 3 :D)

http://www.poppysholidayhutches.com/

I thought they were fab - they are just a couple who have the set up in their back garden but they dote on the bunnies - they are in Norwich - so not too far for you! I went to spain for 2 weeks and they sent me 3 texts to let me know how she was - I didnt ask them to but they just did which was a lovely thing to do.
They have hutches in the summer house but also have outdoor hutches and then they go in the run every day - the only thing is they dont have attached runs at all times if your bun is used to this!!

I think it was about £5 a night including food / veg etc

edited to say - its £4 a night and the hutches are only 4 x 2 - I dont know what yours are used to!

Last edited:
Thanks guys I thought that would be the best option, although I have got somthing in mind, although this person has no idea I am thinking of them and is probably very cheeky of me thinking of asking but it would be like ideal for me! ;)

or if you want someone with a bit more experience - there is Caroline at The rabbit residence at Royston...
http://www.rabbitresidence.org.uk/site/boarding

they are about hour an half away though from you - but might be worth it to have your mind at rest...

Are there any rescues near you that board??

This place look awesome, really wish I could send him there but it might just be a tad too far! :( Gonna have a look at what is around here!

Back