• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can we have vibes for Herbie please? UD post 23 - All ok!!

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Herbie has a dental and tear duct flush 14 days ago just after he came into care as his eyes were running badly. His teeth were quite bad, but we were hoping it was down to the poor diet he had been fed. He went back for a tear duct flush again 2 days ago and his eyes are really runny again :cry:

We have a vets app for 4.10 today :( Please can we have vibes xXx

Last edited:
just to say Zippy's eyes run, but she is ok, other than having no teeth and, it's because her roots were growing backwards

just to say Zippy's eyes run, but she is ok, other than having no teeth and, it's because her roots were growing backwards

I think this what it is Tree, elongated bloody tooth roots again :cry: Ive already got Rocky with this who needs to find a home/sanctuary place urgently :cry:

These bunnies are making me a nervous wreck :cry:

Sometimes tear duct flushes can irritate their eyes for a few days...hopefully antibiotic drops can sort it...got my fingers crossed for Herbie

Thanks for all the vibes :love:

Herbie is home, but needs another tear duct flush. The thick white stuff is pouring out of his eyes still, and when the vet pushed on his tear duct it all started over flowing again.

Sometimes tear duct flushes can irritate their eyes for a few days...hopefully antibiotic drops can sort it...got my fingers crossed for Herbie

He never mentioned this :? :roll:

I did ask if it could be his teeth, but he looked in his mouth and said it cant be his teeth as they are ok? :? Dont know what to think! xx

Vets cant always see teeth problems just by looking with the scope thing so it could be teeth. Really hope he can be helped

Vets cant always see teeth problems just by looking with the scope thing so it could be teeth. Really hope he can be helped

He had them burred a few weeks ago, and they said there was only a few tiny spurs, and there was nothing major wrong with them :? Thats the confusing thing. They did check them 2 days ago when he has the teard ducts flushed, and said they were perfect.

He has to have his tear ducts flushed under GA as hes such a fidget bum xx

It's elongated tooth ROOTS that can cause chronic dacryocytitis and the only way to diagnose ETRs is by skull radiographs.

Poor Herbie, his eyes must be sore :cry:

As I said in my pm Becky, it could also be the conditions he was kept in before he came to you.

The amount of dust in a coal shed must have been awful, along with no natural daylight and presumably no ventilation :(:( Poor Herbie :(

we have had quite a few bunnies arrive here that have developed tear duct problems because of the conditions they were kept in previously and after lots of treatment have cleared up really well.

So don't give up hope yet, it could be his roots but it could be something more treatable too :)

It's elongated tooth ROOTS that can cause chronic dacryocytitis and the only way to diagnose ETRs is by skull radiographs.

Poor Herbie, his eyes must be sore :cry:

Becky is aware of this but as herbie is a foster bunny she is waiting for confirmation from the rescue about what further diagnositics they want Herbie to have.

Becky is extremely worried that it is going to be ETR as she knows that he will be nearly impossible to rehome, so is desperately looking for other possibilities for his problems, while still knowing the possibility of ETR is high :(

Ok, so Herbie is in for a head x-ray tomorrow and another tear duct flush :cry: Im praying it isnt ETR, but i have a feeling in my tummy it will be. Will update tomorrow once i know more :(

Back