• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Upsy Daisy.,..Think I have a clue! Bunny Savvy people please help? with pics

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
After thinking about what Jane said...I decide dto have a closer look at her eyes, they eye that has the third eyelid over... on the side closer to the nose the fur is missing a little bit. also its stuck....i checked with the other side to make sure it wasnt normal and it isnt. Its like something gluey has stuck to the eyelas area bit...could this be the tear duct problem?

I will try bathing it see if that helps

and will try with a picture

Last edited:
After thinking about what Jane said...I decide dto have a closer look at her eyes, they eye that has the third eyelid over... on the side closer to the nose the fur is missing a little bit. also its stuck....i checked with the other side to make sure it wasnt normal and it isnt. Its like something gluey has stuck to the eyelas area bit...could this be the tear duct problem?

I will try bathing it see if that helps

and will try with a picture

It will probably just be dried discharge from her eye. This too would point to the nasolacrimal duct being blocked as normally it would drain inwards.

Be careful bathing the 'stuck bit' as the skin underneath may be inflammed.
Once you have bathed it then dab it dry and smear a tiny bit of vaseline on.
This will act as a barrier and protect the skin as more discharge appears.

IMG_1098-1.jpg

with wetness after I bathed the little bit - there was no wetness, nust a tiny tiny hard bit of fur and a lack of fur which you cans ee better on teh wet pic

IMG_1100.jpg

This is my bridge bunny Liam who was a chronic dental bunny for almost 7 years.

His tear duct would block continually and require flushing.

DSCF1089RR.jpg

so it could still be her teeth?

Its nowhere near as bad as that, and I only noticed by really scritinising and seeing the lack of hair. A small bald area. there was no moisture, no wetness. (until I wet it)

Frankie's eye is bad, his third eye lid doesn't come out, but it is generally hard and crusty with nasal discharge. the first set of eye drops didn't work well at all, but the second, different cream worked well.

His appetite doesn't get affected, and although he has had a small dental on his back teeth, I wouldn't consider him a dental bun, as his teeth are continually improving due to a good diet that is balanced and full of hay to keep his teeth in trim.

Last edited:
the more i think of this the more it sounds like teeth spurs where they cant easily be seen ..

it sounds so much like my thumps ...and chipmunk k has a bun that showed same symtoms and her vet said not teeth ...but it was ..right at the very back where it was hard to spot :?

if i were you i would want her checked again ..i would also want another vet to look at x rays again and perhaps do them again :?

ill see what vet says tomorrow then may ask louises vet as she seemed to be good....i think :?

ive put her back in the run...she seemed better - jumped straight in for the food, even used the cat flap.

its sooooo weird

i have been speaking to our vet tonight (we were there with a different bun)

she says other things that can cause a bun to drool ...

licking or eating something toxic ,poss something in run or hutch? ...but if thats the case then syptems ought to have decreased while inside:? ..unless she had ingested quite a bit of something .

pain or inflamation of the nose , gums , throat .

something wrong in the intestines/stomach...but this would usualy go alongside lack of appetite or even stasis ..

:?

she suggests that if it was her and she was CERTAIN it isnt tooth related she would treat with antibiotics(baytril) and anti inflamatory (metacam) to see if syptoms decrease

she also says you might want to suggest to your vet that they fax francis Harcourt Brown . She wont advise by phone but will answer faxes from other vets but takes arounsd a week to answer.
Our vet has done this for us on several occasions .

they were all escapees the week before and she did eat alot :? but I cant see anything potentially toxic...and topsy would also be ill.

She does seem better tonight and I feel better having cleaned her eye.

Should I ask for metacam as well as they batril then do you think?

I will mention the eye this time as I only just noticed

dont think its the nose as theres no discharge and beathing seems fine....but could be her throat,

also when i pick her up (which she now hates more than ever) and i was looking at her eye....there was a clicking noise....was that her grinding her teeth?

Back