• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

someone selling rabbits way too early

Claire35

New Kit
Hi I was on a website a few minutes ago and noticed a womans ad about some baby bunnies she is selling and for some reason I decided to read the ad and noticed this "baby rabbits 5 weeks old ready to go to permanent homes now" So straight away I emailed the person and told her that baby rabbits are suppose to stay with their mom until they are 8 weeks old and told her to wait another 3 weeks before rehoming them but it wouldnt let me send the email without me adding my email address so Im just hoping that I dont get any nasty emails back off the woman.

Hi!:D

A few weeks ago I also saw an ad like this in Gumtree (can I say that!?:oops:) and it was said there owuld be nunnys ready after 1 month of being born - I also emailed the lady saying what you said & havent had any replies....
Makes you mad as they still need their mums & who would be so cruel!:evil:

Well done for emailing her - maybe shes not educated on buns very well & this will make her reconsider! Shame we can put comments on ads like these that the public can see - maybe then people would consider the animals needs first!

well done you!:p
Who cares about a nasty email - you stood up for the bunnys!:love:

Well done for emailing her :thumb:

I got my first two buns at 5 weeks but this was only because their mum had died very suddenly of a heart attack (she had had two litters in quick succession and was only a very young bun herself) and it was really difficult first few weeks with the babies so I'm really glad that someone is sticking up for the buns who are needlessly being parted with their mum so young.

:(

Too many people out there who are pet lovers, not animal lovers, and don't even realise there is a difference.

aww Im glad you stood up for the buns

we got our first rabbit from a pet shop at 6wks old, at the time I didnt know it was too young, obv it were cos he died 2 days later :(

As some of you may know I got Pip at 6 weeks his mum was rehomed as was very stressed with her litter hence Pip has half an ear missing! Anyway when we went to the vets I explained to the vet that I had had him since he was 6 weeks and the vet was like "yeah they can usually look after themselves at that age so not a problem blah blah blah" :shock: I was rather shocked and didnt know what to say!!

Awwww thank you all for the replies.... I never got a reply off the woman she probably just ignored my email and carried on selling the baby bunnies :censored: :censored: :censored:

IT MAKES ME SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there

my friend has today bought her daughter a 5 week old dwarf lion head. Its tiny and extremely quiet!! I am within my rights to report the breeder to the RSPCA?
thanks

hayley

I would say so, the poor bun will probably end up with all kinds of health issues and maybe even die because of this. their phone number is on the website, and on a thread here i think. Could you let me know if you're successful please? currently debating whether to report something to the RSPCA too.

i would report it, whether they bother to ceck them out is another matter, but then you know you have done your part. i must admit i would get in touch saying a friend passed on the number and go and have a look.

if the rabbit is struggling what i do is offer a dish of replacement milk so they get the vitamins and nutrience they might be missing. something like lactoll:wave:

Back