• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Changing title! Lola's dental recovery and Maximoo's RTI! u/d post 12

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
Well I'm thankful I took both Max and Lola to the vets this morning. As I wrote in a previous thread Max was sneezing an awful lot, and had started to sound wheezy.

So after our vet visit, my house is slightly empty with 2 bunnies missing :cry:.
Max has an RTI and is on Metacam and Engemycin for 10days.

Well Lola also decided to not eat this morning, but thankfully we were already going to the vets with Max, it's been 2 months since her last dental which is amazing to say she was having them every 3 weeks before, teeth checked and now my little angel is having a dental on her birthday :(.

Max is looking after her, but I hate having to go through this! Going to go shopping and buy her even more birthday presents for being such an awful mummy on her big day! Also asked for her the have a sedative for when she comes home, as she's prone to stress which usually leads to stasis.

Please send vibes for both Lola today and Max to recover from his RTI!
The vet bill will be huge today, but my student loan came in on Monday and I can't think of anything or anyone better to spend it on anyway! :love:

I miss them! :(

Will be ringing the vets at 2pm to see how Lola is doing. :wave:

Last edited:
No news as of yet, I got a voicemail when I got off the phone to my mum, though and I almost died inside at the thought it was the vets. :cry:

Will be ringing them in 15mins! eek.:shock:

Thank you both, I want my bunnies home, Lola will be 'drunk' with her sedative too! :love: drunk bunnehs! aww! :love:

Oki, rang the vets, she's come around but she's groggy! Aww :love:

Can pick up at 5.50pm ! Such a long wait! :(

Only just updating, been very wary as Lola has been breathing very shallow and not moving. Thankfully she's just started eating after doing a big wee and some surprisingly large poos! :D

I'm so proud of my little girl. Thank you for all the vibes guys! Don't know where I'd be without this forum! :wave:

Only just starting to catch up.
I'm delighted Lola has done some poohs & a big wee.:D:D
Now come on birthday girl & wake up for the last hours of your birthday. No messin' & worrying your mummy to death please.

So now I'm in a more positive mood, I thought I should update this with some details.

Max's teeth, weight and gut sounds were fantastic, but his chest was wheezy and loud. His heart rate was steady and his eating, weeing, pooing was as good as ever. There was no discharge from his eyes or nose, so he's got a Respiratory Tract infection, which he's been given a 10day course of antibiotics and metacam dose (twice a day) for ten days.

We took Lola along to keep Maximoo company and to minimise stress. Yesterday morning she'd only eat the sweet things, and would not touch pellets, hay or greenery at all. So me and Jay decided it would be best for her to have her teeth checked over, it had afterall been 2 months since her previous dental!

Turns out that one of her top right molars was so elongated it was piercing her gum and causing quite severe bleeding. The top left molars were also slightly elongated.

We picked them both up from the vets yesterday evening, and Lola had her sedative, but I can't help feeling she had a little too much, she didn't move for about 2 hours; quite simply because she couldn't she was that out of it!
Eventually she came around did a wee and lots of poos and ate hay then greens! :D

She's on a 7 day course of antibiotics and twice daily doses of metacam too, we also got some vetergesic just incase and maxolon syrup and zantac we always have at hand!

Would like to inform that this morning Lola is as bright as ever, eating for England, and all the rest! :D

Max had a small sneezing fit in the night though the little love, but other than that he's bright and perky too! :D:love::love:

I love my angels so much! :love:

Thank you so much for the update.
Everything crossed for Max & Lola.

Yes, we also have issues with vetergesic. Some buns seem to get very drowsy with it. They stop eating with the pain, & can't eat when they are so dopey.

I don't know how you manage with uni. & 2 poorly buns at the same time! epecially a dental/stasis bun, I think it must be the love that keeps us going!!

We really behind you & your lovely buns down here, mindful that Lola has had such a long fight with her teeth. It sounds as though she's on the right track now.
Please keep us updated.

Back