• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding advice

neenee

Warren Scout
The story so far- Ive been bonding my two rabbits the past few weeks. The first few bonding sessions were a few days apart all done in the bath tub. They would sit beside eachother for a while and then one would make a move and fur would go flying. After a week i moved bonding through to the living room where they both havnt been into a pen that i made smaller. I noticed it was neela who was making the efforts to go to my other rabbit whereas he would sit iin a cornor. At this point there was still fur flying scraps (no damage done) but the scraps were much less and by the end of the night they ate together. Today on the second week they have been in the pen since 7 and have sat on opposite sides. Good signs, no scrapping. Neela approached rufas and put her head under his tummy, she has also put her head under his chin, good sign? Shes grooming him too but he just sits there and occasionally gets fed up with her and chases her away but he will put up with her for a good bit. Neela is veeery attached to me so whenever i get up to get a drink she runs over, i also noticed when i pet rufas she gets jealous and runs over to him and nudges my hand or puts her head under his belly. It seems neela is the one that wants love and he isnt bothered! Btw rufas is a girl i just cant get used to calling him a she :roll: i originally thought she was a boy! Anyway sorry for the really long essay just thought id ask around because i dont know what these signs mean! Its my first bonding! Advice much appreciated :D:wave:

Back