• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
I'm starting to get really worried about her spay! :(

I didn't think I'd be like this when the time came....but I'm looking at her flopped in the kitchen and can't imagine life without her. I've lost one bun to a spay (I remember it like it was yesterday!...G gave me Ophelia for my birthday. She died after her spay, from a respiratory infection. :cry:)

Call me stupid, but the day before she went for her spay Ophelia dug a really deep hole. ....my dad joked that she dug her own grave (I didn't find it very funny:roll:)... and today Ruby dug a hole in the garden. I know I'm paranoid......and my worrying is completely unfounded....but I can't lose Ruby! Her and Ted are so wonderful together :love: and I can't imagine not taking her home tomorrow!! :(

I seriously thought I'd be fine with this. ...I'm very matter-of-fact about the ops...but she's like my baby....only ginger and furry! ;)

If at all possible...can I have some vibes tomorrow that she makes it through her op. I know some people are going through horrible things...and I feel so selfish asking.....but I love my Roobster....and think it might be a bit easier if I have RU with me tomorrow! :oops:

HUGE vibes for Ruby and you. It's natural that you're worried after losing a previous bun after a spey, but think how many people on here have had their bunnies having the same op an coming out of it just fine:love: (apologies if that's bad grammar - my brain goes to mush after 10pm!) x

You are more than welcome to lots of safe-spaying vibes from me xx :D xx

*Sendings lots of vibes*

Shall look out for updates.

MASSIVE vibes for your little (big) girl!! You could always do pre-bloods if you want to make sure just for that little more reassurance! I am sure she will be okay Ali, I can't imagine how much you must be cacking yourself. :love::love::love:

Big Big vibes for Roobeh Roobeh Roobeh!

Thanks! :love::love: I may have treated her to extra noms tonight! :oops:

Why am I so worried about it!...it's a normal, straight forward op....and I say this to everyone who's bun is having a spay. :oops::oops::oops:

You know...when I reserved Ruby, I never thought that I would feel as attached to her as I would Teddy....I got her for him :oops:.....
I thought that I had my boy, and he was better than I could imagine, and so getting him a lovely niece was all for his benefit....but Ruby has just caught me. I knew she had, the first day I saw her...but I never thought I'd love a bun as much as I do Ted. :oops: Of course I love all my buns....but have been ashamed that Ted has always been "my boy".
I think of him and Ruby "as one" now, and they're just perfect! :love::love::love:

Blackberry and co: Losing Ophelia was terrible. I was pregnant when I lost her (so my hormones were everywhere) but we never had a connection. She was really aggressive from her hormones, and before it happened I never had any worry about the "routine" op. Then she was gone. I felt worse that we'd never got to bond...that I'd never got to meet the real her, I think. Rose went under the same time as Ted had his neuter, but the same vet who had neutered Hugo did Ted, so I wasn't as bad with him. Rose had already been under GA, so the worry was less.

I'm sure I'll be laughing at myself when I get the call that I can collect her tomorrow. :roll::roll:

MASSIVE vibes for your little (big) girl!! You could always do pre-bloods if you want to make sure just for that little more reassurance! I am sure she will be okay Ali, I can't imagine how much you must be cacking yourself. :love::love::love:

Prebloods probably won't find anything. :? Apart from being near my other two girls, she's only ever been with Ted (and I know her relatives are free from pasteurella (what caused Ophelia's respiratory infection).

She's just such a lovely girl, and it's taken me this long to realise that I love her just as much as Teddy :oops:

Feel free to laugh at me tomorrow when she's totally fine!! :lol::lol:

Lots of vibes especially as I went throught it all today and worrying about her not eating or drinking today...getting up extra early tomorrow to see how she is. Good job these are my days off!!!

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge vibes for Rubeh Rubeh Rubeh RUBEH (ahhhh ahhh ahhhh ahhh ahhh ahhhhhhhhhh..............)

Paws crossed fur a furpect spay wivout any pwoblems.

Rimmi and Winter send their LOVES :love:

Huge vibes for Ruby. I'd be exactly the same so don't worry about it babe!

Let us know how it all goes as soon as you know! *hugs*

Back