• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please think of Pebbles tonight

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
There was an accident this evening at Hetty's, the buns are staying there for 6 days while mum visits me in bournemouth when she drops me back. I dont know why she did it but she freaked out, pelted into the run and got her head stuck in the zooplus run.

She was screaming and Hetty managed to get her out safely, i am amazed she didnt break her neck or have a heart attack, she was well and truly petrified. I went round to see her (as we dont leave until tomorrow) and she was quiet, but she is doing "normal" things, i.e washing etc.

Her eye is bloodshot, just one of them. Felt her jaw nothing seems to be broken, i think she is just very shook up. She hasnt eaten yet, so hopefully she will soon.

I am not going to disrupt her further by taking her to the emergency vets as she was petrified, and i dont want her going into shock, and she will proably benefit just staying in the dark with her friends and hopefully she will have nibbled at something by the morning.

I am worried for her, as she is so dainty and little, but i know Hetty is looking after her, i am so grateful she got her out safely, i dont know if i would have if it was me.

Oh no, poor Pebbles :( Hope she is ok and just a bit shaken..if her eye is bloodshot in the morning I think I'd pop her along to the vets

Hetty is going to call me in the morning and we will see how she is and take it from there. I am very worried about her, i cannot see how her head fit into those bars, they are no wider than than of a puppy pen, its crazy. Hetty was so upset,but its not her fault, it was an accident.

And i know she will look after her for me, i have no worries there. Poor little thing, she was stiff when i got there, but about 20 minutes later she had given herself (altho it was little and delicate) a wash. Just hope she eats soon, i dont want her going into stasis through shock.

Awwww honey, sending millions of vibes for Pebbles :love::love::love: And hugs for you, try not to worry babe I am sure she will be fine. And Hetty will know what signs to look out for anyways, she is in good hands xxx

Awwww honey, sending millions of vibes for Pebbles :love::love::love: And hugs for you, try not to worry babe I am sure she will be fine. And Hetty will know what signs to look out for anyways, she is in good hands xxx

she is definatly. I know Hetty would do whatever it took, so i am no more worried than i would be if she was with me.

I just hope she doesnt go into stasis:(

She is in brilliant hands SJ and I am sending millions and millions of vibes, I really hope your little girl is okay and she is only shook up! I am sure she will be fine... bunnies can often take some time to come out of shock like you said, so I think you are doing the right thing xxxxxxxxxxxxx

she is definatly. I know Hetty would do whatever it took, so i am no more worried than i would be if she was with me.

I just hope she doesnt go into stasis:(

Me too chick, I am sure she will be ok though. Scarlett has run into walls and stuff before and been off her food for a short time afterwards but its never gone as far as stasis. Hopefully she will settle down and be tempted by some yummy food :) x

She is in brilliant hands SJ and I am sending millions and millions of vibes, I really hope your little girl is okay and she is only shook up! I am sure she will be fine... bunnies can often take some time to come out of shock like you said, so I think you are doing the right thing xxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh i know she is :) poor hetty thinks its her fault and ive told her whatever happens it 100% isnt, it was an accident, sometimes bunnies just freak. I hope shes only shook up, it could have been so much worse, Hetty said she was screaming, i cant imagine what that was like :cry::cry::cry: poor little thing.

I dont think im ever putting them in that run again

Me too chick, I am sure she will be ok though. Scarlett has run into walls and stuff before and been off her food for a short time afterwards but its never gone as far as stasis. Hopefully she will settle down and be tempted by some yummy food :) x

I dont know, she was petrified, ive seen bunnies run into stuff, but she was trapped, and screaming. and we all know what it means if a bunny screams. :(

i do think our only worry is stasis, im sure if something was broken me and hetty would have known between us.

Has she been to Hetty's before? If not it might be a case of settling in as well, I know how moody my lot have been if I have moved them about x

Oh my gosh, I bought one of these for my two and am DEF going to put some mesh on it now, Vikkivet had the same thing happen to her....I wonder if buns can see the vertical bars as well as they can see mesh??

Poor Pebbles, I hope she is ok :( Hope you and Hetty are ok too, I think I would have had a heart attack if that had happened to my lot.... or even worse, someone elses buns I was looking after.

Poor baby!! *huggles*

Has she been to Hetty's before? If not it might be a case of settling in as well, I know how moody my lot have been if I have moved them about x

No, i think it was a case of jelly scared her today, chasing etc, then she went to the vet for jabs, then to hettys. My thinking it was, take them on route cus it saved two car journeys - less stress. but i guess i was wrong and it gave her more stress

Oh my gosh, I bought one of these for my two and am DEF going to put some mesh on it now, Vikkivet had the same thing happen to her....I wonder if buns can see the vertical bars as well as they can see mesh??

Poor Pebbles, I hope she is ok :( Hope you and Hetty are ok too, I think I would have had a heart attack if that had happened to my lot.... or even worse, someone elses buns I was looking after.

Poor baby!! *huggles*

They can see it, its never happened before. its a fright thing, when they are petrified and dart without caring whats around them. theyve been using that run for 2 years and never an issue before. will contact the makers of this run about the incident though.

its not about whether they can see it, running into mesh even at full pelt wouldnt do much damage, its that she ran so hard she pushed herself through

No, i think it was a case of jelly scared her today, chasing etc, then she went to the vet for jabs, then to hettys. My thinking it was, take them on route cus it saved two car journeys - less stress. but i guess i was wrong and it gave her more stress

I actually think you were right hun, I would have looked at it the same way with less journeys for them. Will be thinking of her tonight anyways hun and sending lots of vibes x

OMG poor Pebbles :shock::shock: I can't believe a bunny could get their head through the bars, I can't even see how she'd manage to build up enough speed to get the power to do it?! Poor little girl and what an awful shock for poor Hetty it's your worst nightmare looking after someone else's furries and something happens!

Really hope she's back to her normal self this morning sending lots of vibes for Pebbles x

Back