• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He really doesn't see himself as a rabbit.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
I think Jack has a real identity crisis going on. :?

He's lived indoors since December, when we found him living as a stray at a couple of months old. More specifically, he and I are roomies and share my room! So he grew very, very close to me and is now my shadow and follows me everywhere, flops at my side, clambers all over my to sit on my shoulder, etc. When shown other bunnies he shows initial interest, but then looks a bit freaked!

We have been putting him outdoors for a half hour some evenings whilst it has been warm and sunny, and letting him see Edgar, who I'm still hoping to bond him with.. but if I am nearby he goes crazy trying to get to me. He tugs on the mesh, grumbles and swears and will rattle the entire run in his frustration. When he returns indoors, he climbs onto my knee, stretches up sits for ages nose to nose with me, just gazing!

I have to go indoors when he is out to try and make him focus on something other than me sitting on the other side of the mesh. He acts as if he dislikes the outdoors, and is thrilled when he returns inside. He's like a little puppy-rabbit who has bonded with me and not recognising other bunnies are his more suitable playmates and company...! :oops: I created a mini monster!

Back