• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hope & Angel Update today 21st April.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Hope has a long way to go but she is a fighter and we are doing all we can to make her comfortable and get her better. (with the help of her bunny boy Kenzo) we have now taken out all her hay bedding and put her on T-bag bedding which Kenzo loves as he keep's burying himself in it.
We are doing everything the vet has told us to do and so hopefully we shall see some improvement in Hope soon. (well we hope so)

Hope. says 'Thank You' for the Vibes.
21-4-10002.jpg

Angel has still got his back feet bandaged due to his sore hocks but we are winning and the vet was very pleased with him, Mike spends hours at night checking his feet and cleaning out and packing the abscess Angel has on his front foot.
Angel's face is also clearing up but will never be 100%, he is blind and has a very low immune system and so gets lots of infections. He aslo has no tear duct's and so his eyes constantly run down his face and then his fur get's sticky and his fur falls out round his face leaving it red raw underneath.
Angel wouldn't have had to go through life like this if he hadn't been for sale in a pet shop aged about 3-4 weeks old. He has missed out on all the goodness that his Mother would have given him in her milk. Angel and Gypsy were lucky that day we went into that pet shop to buy some rabbit food, I just happened to see Angel and Gypsy who were huddled together with severe eye problems and we had to buy them both and rush them straight away to our vets else the owner of the pet shop was going to ring the breeder to change them. ( they would have be necked).
Our vet didn't expect Angel to live overnight...but he did because he is a little furry fighter.
He is a very special boy as he has lived with one thing or another all his life and he will be 6 years old in June. Mike has bathed his eyes three times a day since we have had him and Angel has had to endure so much yet he is such a happy content little bunny.
Oh by the way the owner of the pet shop moved on and the breeder of Angel and Gypsy and all the rest of the underage baby buns that were for sale....went to prison :D
Angel and his face is so much better at the moment.
21-4-10003.jpg

Angel in 2008
11-8-08-1.jpg

Last edited:
gad to see your having someprogress:D
sending lot of hugs to the buns xx

p.s were did you get the teabag bedding as i have a pigy with respitory problems

Lovely little buns. :love: I bet they can't believe their luck to be in your care. You and 'Mike' are obviously pretty awesome.
I'm so sorry they're being put through the mill and especially Angel who was given the worst possible start in life.

I'm so glad the breeder got their comeupance....what I'd like to do to him/her and the pet shop owner. :evil:

Big soothing bunny kisses for them both. x

Lovely little buns. :love: I bet they can't believe their luck to be in your care. You and 'Mike' are obviously pretty awesome.
I'm so sorry they're being put through the mill and especially Angel who was given the worst possible start in life.

I'm so glad the breeder got their comeupance....what I'd like to do to him/her and the pet shop owner. :evil:

Big soothing bunny kisses for them both. x

Ahh 'Thank you' for your kind words, we don't think we are awesome because we love doing what we do and we think we are pretty lucky to have the company of such wonderful and such intelligent little creatures as rabbits.
Sometimes we can't perform miracles but beileve me we have a dam good try :lol:

Back