• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'll just pee in my hay.. la de da..

River

Warren Scout
So Oz has taken to peeing in his hay. A lot. WHYYY GOD WHY!? Is he just being teritorial ( he is neutered) Or is he mad that maybe his litter box needs to be cleaned? Maybe he likes a clean loo.. I dont know.

Any ideas?

i put a little hay in each litter box as they like to munch it while there on the loo! :)
i tried filling a box with hay but they just pee'd on it too.......:roll:
i now use a hay rack and put a thin layer in there litter trays.

I do that as well. Put some hey in each litter box becuase he definitely likes to eat and poo at the same time, but i'm still baffled by how much he likes to PEE on his hay..

The only place that i put hay (apart from expensive treat hay) for Herbie & Inca is in their litter boxes, well at one end of them, that way they need to be in the box when they are having hay.
They do pee there, but they manage to get out the good bits of hay.

The only place that i put hay (apart from expensive treat hay) for Herbie & Inca is in their litter boxes, well at one end of them, that way they need to be in the box when they are having hay.
They do pee there, but they manage to get out the good bits of hay.

We're the same :) All ours love to pee, poo & eat hay at the same time ;) :D

mine do it too and they eat what they have peed on...ewww, i tried a hay rack but they figures out how to get in to that and just did the same, they even peed on it when i put it in a bowl! did;t think they could get their bums in that. Now i just leave them to it, if they want to eat hay they have peed on the can do if that is what they like...ewww

when they go back in the hutch i am going to have to watch the bedroom area as it will be full of pee. I have a tray that should fit it though and they will be so happy that they have loads of litter trays!

Back