• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies learning from each other.

BevBunny

Mama Doe
I love the way bunnies learn from each other. Lavender bunny is 5 years old, has lived with me since she was just about 5 months old and she has always absolutely hated being brushed or combed.

This evening I was sat on the floor fussing the bunnies and Darwin bunny (Lavenders husbun) is moulting so I got the brush and comb out to get some of the lose hairs off him. Darwin hasn't lived with us long so I wasn't sure how he'd react. He hunkered down and started tooth purring almost instantly, especially with the comb so I spent ages combing him. I was amazed as I thought all bunnies hated it! :D

Lavender gets v jealous so she was sat there pushing her head under his chin to get him to lick her. He obviously refused, so she started nudging me. I decided to have a go at combing her - she flattened herself on the floor and started tooth purring!!!!! :shock::shock: I was so shocked. I tried to brush her just a week or so ago and she ran off stomping! She obviously saw Darwin enjoying it and learned that if she sat still that its actually quite nice. Darwin is my hero. :D

when tabby was young and feisty, the only time she volunteered for a hug was when she'd seen me stroking her brother and my daughter's two bunnies.

Back