• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dandelions-tonic or poison?

willowholly

Mama Doe
Wasn't sure whether to put this in health or diet so went for chat!:lol:
Barley suffers with cystitis quite abit & has been on a low calcium diet for most of her life.Dandelions are high in calcium but good for urinary tract infections,so are they something I should give B or avoid like the plague?

Merlin had a bought of cystitis the other week and I have a natural pet book which says they are good for this so I have been feeding him them daily.

Merlin had a bought of cystitis the other week and I have a natural pet book which says they are good for this so I have been feeding him them daily.
Oh thats good to know,because with them being high in calcium I wasn't sure.Her urine gets thicker when on Excel herbage with dandelions but I think that is more the Timothy hay.The only hay that seems to not cause her any problems is oat/barley hay or plain cheap meadow hay.I try different things to give her variety but soon swap back if she starts straining.

i didn't have any veggies this morning so i've left mine with fresh dandies and dried dandy root. and hay etc obv

Back