• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quarantine Housing-Does anyone have any suggestions

Well vaccinating is an obvious suggestion for myxi & VHD - myxi expecially around us, as there was an outbreak near us (I lost 2 vacs buns & another recovered). Buns are covered from illness approx 14 days after jabs.

EC is an issue so hutches would need thoroughly disinfecting & steam-cleaning between different rabbit use. If I have runs on grass, it's easy emough to get a couple of rolls of turf between buns, & concrete is easily cleaned:D

I now keep any fosters I have completely separate from my own buns (although it's been my own buns that have been ill:roll:)

Not sure what you mean about taking rabbits from the wild? Do you mean escaped/released domestic rabbits or actually wild rabbits?

If it's the latter, you'll need more than one building...in fact a row of aviaries or something similar would be ideal (the sort of set-up you see in wildlife hospitals/rehabbers).

Myxi will be your main worry with rabbits from the wild, which can be spread by flying insects, so quarantining will be difficult.

Back