• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fuming!!!!!!!!

My K*** head of a boyfriend has let my rabbits get to each other when I was doing overtime at work and asked him to let them out and specifically asked him to make sure they didn't get to each other, then he shouted at me when I got upset at him AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!

Sometimes I feel like banging my head against a brick wall but I think it would be better if I banged his head against a brick wall!!!!!

I do my best to take care of them and he goes and F**** it all up now I need to go check they're both ok.

T**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!
:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:no::no::no::no::cry::cry::cry::cry::censored::censored::censored:

Oh no! You poor thing! :(:(

Are they ok?

If they're not spayed/neutered then I suggest you take the girly in for an emergency spay tomorrow. :(

If they're hurt then going to the vets is a must.

(((hugs)))

Hey, thanks everyone! And yeah, they are 2 neutered girls and i keep them apart for a reason. He knows this! I have just got back from the emergency vets which will be costing me about £170 tomorrow bearing in mind that in the last 6 wks ive spent over 250 on her because shes had an upper respiratory infection which she is still on weekly penicillin injections for (that should help with any infection tho if there is any) every cloud! I have got most of the other money back and i should be able to get the majority of this back 2 minus the excess but im supposed to be going on hol 2 wks on fri with the evil other half. I wont have any money to go with and i dont really want to leave bella now. I love her so much and i had to leave her at the vets till tomorrow eve as thats the only time i can get her. I know she is in the best place but i keep thinking how much she has suffered this last 2 months and all the effort and love ive put in to get her well then his dont care attitude has set her back. When i got home i went to check them, i got bella first cos i knew if anyone would be injured it would be her, she seemed ok and then i saw blood, i turned her over and her back leg had a big hole in it. I asked if he'd checked them. No was the answer. She must have really screamed but he didnt notice if she did! He just put them back. Apparently the muscle is punctured and although she is ok the shock might send her in to stasis even tho after we had been in the car for a while with her wrapped up in a towel her breathing had returned to a normal rate. I feel so guilty for letting it happen. She has been through so much and now this. Im so upset. I jus want to cuddle her. She was licking my arm (as she does) when i was checking her over and ive let her down. Ive done nothing but cry since its all happened. The vet must have thought i was crazy! Sorry for venting, i just really needed to get it all out and we havent spoken since. And still no sorry or any offer to help payment. I think this is a bad sign for us x

Last edited:
why did he let them out together?? Was it an accident or did he just not care?? If its the latter thats bad news - if it was accidental then you must forgive and get your little bun better..

My OH doesnt know the importance of things like this but he would NEVER do anything on purpose to harm the buns..
The was an incident a few months back when I was on the phone to my OH and I heard a scream :cry::cry::cry::cry: he had left the cover off one of the buns and Oreo had climbed into Charlie pen and their was a big scrap luckily no injuries OH put his fingers and hands ar risk by diving in and seperating them :shock: he was genuinely sorry and was really upset by it.

If your OH generally doesnt care and hasnt even bothered to ask about them personally I would find that unforgivable..

Hope your little girl will be ok - thinking of you xx

I know he didn't do it on purpose but if i'd have tried to tell him what I do when I put them out and where I place certain things so they can't get through the fence, he'd have started going on about not been stupid so I just thought he's put them out loads before, they'll be fine.

It was the attitude after it happened, he hasn't said sorry it was a mistake or i'll help you with money when I can, he just keeps saying "she'll be fine" no cuddles or comfort or anything.

I had to leave for work before he got up cos I didn't want to look at him and I just got a msg saying "how are you this morning x" how does he ******* think I am.

When I got back last night I went to feed Muffin and there was fur all over (Bellas) and blood all over the floor so I can't believe he didn't check them both!!! :shock::shock::shock:

I don't know if can get past this, I hate him right now, if he'd have shown concern or remorse rather than just sitting there like a lemon I might be able to forgive him but I can't right now.

We're going on holiday with my parents 2 wk on Fri (that's if we can, personally I hope we can't!!!) and I don't want to spoil it for my Mum and Dad so I think we'll have to fake getting on for a wk and decide where to go after that.

In the meantime Bella will be brought in again so I can concentrate on her, she's the most important thing right now. xxxxx

I understand why you are absolutely gutted and fuming. I *hope* his reaction, though infuriating, is merely embarrassment. A lot of men can't admit to their mistakes and go into themselves when they have upset the one they love by doing something stupid. On the other hand, if it is not this, and merely a disdain for the situation, then there may be more to consider. Get her through this and then reassess. Maybe talk about it when you have calmed down. So sorry. Nothing scarier! x

Hey all, well Bella is still at the vets and my bill is going up and up, she is having an op to repair the wound, my poor poor little baby!!! i'm so sad that this has happened to her I love her so much. I'm worried about the anasthetic too with her just getting over her respiratory problems but the vet hasn't called since a couple of hrs ago so no news is good news I guess. :?

I've felt rubbish all day because of this happening, I just can't wait to go and pick her up from the vets and tell her how sorry I am, she is getting so many nice nom noms!!!!!

OH has offered to get the money out of his bank to pay till I get it back on the insurance so I guess that's his way of saying sorry as the actual words seem to be stuck in his throat.

He will not be doing anything important for my babies again unless he listens and understands the instructions FULLY!

I understand that this was an accident but he must listen to me in future when I am explaining things to him, and if he retorts with "do you think i'm stupid" I will just give him that look that says "do you really need me to answer that"!!!!!!

I will keep you updated on my gorgeous little girls progress and thank you for the msgs, it's very much appreciated and lovely to know that there is always comforting words and advice when you're low xxxxx :love::thumb::rabbit2:

Hey everyone,

Well, I picked Bella up yesterday and she looked like a tatty old teddy that had been sewn up bless her.

She's ok, eating well and has her rightful place back in the house (although she is an outside girl, i think she'd like to live indoors with mummy!!!)

Here are some pics of her chilling in her nebuliser last night in the bathroom while I was in the bath, lol, we were both chilling after the stress!!!! she even looks like she's smiling insanely.

Must have been something to do with the 9 injections she'd had in the last 2 days.

xxx

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

Back