• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor buns

Becca24

Mama Doe
Does anyone bring their buns in the house for a little while in the evenings and then put them back outside! Just wondering if the warmth of the house and then back out in the cold would be bad for them?? :?:?

The only time i bring mine inside is to give medicine or groom them, and then back outside. I try to make it short, so they dont get used to the warmth, or get too hot.

When bringing a bun in from outside for a long period of time, they can get very hot, as they are used to the outside and when you put them back out again they get cold because they have gotten used to the warmth...
Im sure this could make them ill... going from warm to cold, espcially at night when the tempt is cooling and in winter.

If you want to bring your bun inside, i would do it near the back door, where its cooler, mine come into the kitchen, where its the coolest.

Bramble sometimes hops in and out of the house, but we never have the heating on when he is in, and the back door is usually open too.

Thats exactly what I thought that it wouldnt be very good for them! :(

I really just wanted to try and spend as much time as possible with Pip while he is on his own and I usually go out for about an hour in the evening but by 8.30 its getting really cold and so Pip goes back into his hutch I get too cold to sit out with him (I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to the cold) so I end up coming in! It will be better in the summer and its warmer in the evenings I suppose.

Back