• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm in Shock poor Merlin Update NOt Good

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
On friday night Merlin went lame on his left leg, i thought he had pulled it as he chases Radar around like an idiot and jumps on and off things. I phoned my vet at home and she said give him metacam and we will see how he is in the morning, he was still not hopping right but was ok in himself just a little quiet by Saturday night I felt a lump and thought it was an abcess so I phonedmy vet again at home and we put him on penicillin and still gave him pain relief. Anyway this morning I could feel like a cord wrapping itself around his leg so we went to the vets. Caroline as just phoned me and said it is horrible she has cut into the area and the tissue is dead even when she cuts into it their is no blood coming out just a watery serum:(. The cord like thing i could feel was as far up as his pelvis:(. She is sending it off for tests and because the tissue is so dead she may not be able to close it up and he may have to have it amputated:shock:.

I feel so awful, my poor little man. We are at a loss at what it is or caused it:?

Last edited:
Oh my goodness.
Hope you manage to get to the bottom of what's caused it...could it be blood poisoning or an insect bite?

Oh my goodness.
Hope you manage to get to the bottom of what's caused it...could it be blood poisoning or an insect bite?

I thought insect bite and so did Caroline, I suppose we will have to wait for the results:?

How awful Kay..poor sweetheart.

I hope your vet is able to shed some light on what it is very soon.

Sending lots of positive get well vibes for the little man.

Hugs,

Nicola x x x

My vet hasn't been able to save him, she amputated his leg but there wasn't enough tissue to stitch up:cry::cry::cry::cry:
My vet was crying as she was telling me :cry:

Oh Kay, I'm so, so sorry :cry::cry::cry: What an awful shock :cry: Big hugs to you & David xxxx

Binky free Merlin, sleep tight brave fella xxxx

Back