• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Couple of Random Bunny Questions

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Hiya

Just out of interest, at what age can you sex a rabbit??

And, is there any way of telling how old a rabbit is??

Thanks, Jo

Hiya

Thanks, Jo

Hiya :wave:

Your vet should be able to sex rabbits at around 8 weeks of age. They should be split into male/female groups by 9/10 weeks old.

A vet can estimate a bunnies age by looking at the teeth i believe :)

Hiya

Thanks, Jo

It depends on how good you are at sexing a rabbit but normally from 6 weeks on it is very easy, put alot of people still get it wrong including, vets & pet shops.

Thanks for your replies.

I'm bunny sitting at the moment and have no idea how old the bunny is or whether for definite if she's a girl ..... She's a bit of a chunk so am pretty sure she's an adult (she has a double chin).

Having said that, I don't know how old a bunny has to be to be classed as 'adult'???..... she definitely doesn't look like a baby though.

I was just casually enquiring really ........ she's going to her forever home soon so it doesn't really matter, just wondered if I could do it easily (and if she was old enough to tell, which she obviously is if you can get it done as young as 6 wks).

She doesn't like being handled though so I think I'll give it a miss - don't want to stress her just because I'm nosey!

Jo

Back