• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hutch?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
I am hoping at the end of summer, i will of saved enough to buy a double six foot hutch, to replace my existing single hutches.

On happy hutch it worked out cheaper to buy two single 6foot hutches and then i could stack them?

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/cart.php

Has anyone bought any from here? I have only ever purchased an indoor one.

Or, any other ideas? I cant have playhouses etc :(

Thanks

I am hoping at the end of summer, i will of saved enough to buy a double six foot hutch, to replace my existing single hutches.

On happy hutch it worked out cheaper to buy two single 6foot hutches and then i could stack them?

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/cart.php

Has anyone bought any from here? I have only ever purchased an indoor one.

Or, any other ideas? I cant have playhouses etc :(

Thanks

You would have to cut the legs off teh happy hutch singles to be able to stack them.

How about a 6x2x2 double hutch like this that is 2 separate hutches for £199.99 with free delivery and 5% of the profit going to a local rabbit rescue;)
6ftdouble_m.jpg

That is odd, maybe you could e-mail them and ask why two 6ft ones are cheaper than a double, maybe they'll give you a discount because it should use less wood!

I have hutches from Happy Hutch that I use outside, had them specially made asking for a good overhang as we live in rainy Wales, they came with less than an inch overhang at sides and back and about 3 inches at front, useless!! Have had to put more felt on them, the frames on the wire doors have warped and several of the hinges have rusted through already! This all happened in the first year of owning them.

I know people who use them inside and they are fine, but I have not been at all impressed with the quality or longevity of them.

Last edited:
I'm about to make double 6ft hutch out of a bike store. Adding a shelf and ramp, and cutting mesh windows into the doors. I reckon it will cost less than £150 in total and be pretty solid, being made of T&G. I wont be, but you could add a catflap and run to the back, or put one in front.

You would have to cut the legs off teh happy hutch singles to be able to stack them.

How about a 6x2x2 double hutch like this that is 2 separate hutches for £199.99 with free delivery and 5% of the profit going to a local rabbit rescue;)
6ftdouble_m.jpg

do you sell them? thats just what i want :D

Thanks everyone.
I will purchasing one very similar from Lynne is the near future :wave:

Vikki, you must post pictures when your done, i always fancied trying that so let us know :wave:

Will do! Not actually doing it until early July as its for my parents house, but i'll def take some pics

Back