• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Homer missing Patch?

mia'n'patch

Alpha Buck
How can I tell if Homer is starting to miss Patch?

It's been a week since we lost her, and over the last couple of days Homer really hasn't been himself.
He's been spending most of the day sitting in Patch's spot on top of the shelter in the run, and i often see him licking that area. Also, this morning he's not as interested in his breakfast as normal. He's still eating, but he's just picking. Normally he'd wolf down his pellets, but today he's having a few then going back to Patch's spot, having a few more a little while after. He hasn't finished them yet and I fed him an hour ago. (He gets about an egg cup full).

I'm spending as much time as I possibly can with him, but I have a 7 month old baby to try and amuse too.

I'm starting to get a bit concerned because he just isn't his normal bouncy self. :(

sounds like hes feeling lonely hun :cry::cry::cry:

ive found with Alvin he wasnt missing pearl just another bunny in his life.

i think its helped Alvin. he was so happy he was binkying at the rescue within a day. still in bonding at the mo and if it does fail it wont be because hes missing pearl itll be cus Holly cant take the humping :oops::oops:

its **** being bunniless tho :cry::cry:

I haven't seen a binky from Homer for days. :(

He's never been on his own before, and as much time as we spend playing with him, I don't think we're much of a substitute for bunny friends.

even if he doesnt bond the change of scene with other bunnies could really help life his spirits

poor little hunny :cry::cry::cry:

Our local RSPCA are happy to do a speed dating kinda thing with the buns they have there. It's how we found Homer as a companion for Patch.
I'll get in touch with them and see if they have any lady buns that Homer can play with for a while. As you say, even if he doesn't find a long term friend, at least he'll have had some bunny interaction.

:wave:

He's bearing up I think. He's been free ranging in the garden for the last few days while it's been nice, (saves me from having to cut the grass!) and he's been spending time indoors with us.
I do think he's missing some bunny company as all he wants to do when in is groom something. Kids, dog, hubby, sofa, floor, you name it, it's been licked! He groomed me so much the other day he made my eye sore :shock:

The only thing that bothers me is him not having someone to cuddle up to of a night time. And he still sits in Patch's spot from the moment he goes in til the minute he comes out. Had to shove him up the bum to get him out of the rain this morning.

I've been in touch with Caroline at Rabbit Residence to express an interest in finding Homer a friend.

awww hun, what a shame he sits in her spot must be breaking your heart :( he does sound happy enough though :love::love:, i miss bunny grooming and i dont expect to get any from alvypants anytime soon :roll::lol::lol:

It is hard seeing him there. I think we both still expect to find Patch sat sitting there like the queen of the castle.
I'm not complaining about the bunny grooming, but I wish he'd change eyes occassionally, my right eyelid felt like it had been sandblasted. Maybe he goes for that eye because it was the eye that Patch had trouble with and he was always cleaning that.

Back