• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes For Upsy daisy Please - please please help what can i do?

have had a call from the vets receptionists to say she's ready to come home....they did an xray and anestetic and she has some meds.....

thats all she could tell me £41??

So obviously not a dental....louise suggested she had hay up her nose or a pellet?

Anyone want to guess before I pick her up?

they x rayed and nothings wrong with her teeth, they think she has an abscess behind her eye....prescibed more batril and something else and said to wait n see.......£50 for baytrill :(

no....just cos they dont know what else it is :(

its baytril and some tablets :(

what can I do?

(the £50 was baytril anastetic and the xray :()

Normally with an abscess behind the eye it is caused by tooth roots, but your bunny has good teeth :?

I think a different antibiotic to baytril might be more help if it is an abscess, plus she will need pain relief.

I don't know if eye removal to surgically remove the abscess is an option, I've not had direct experience of this:?

But I would be concerned that they are assumming its an abscess because they can't see another cause :?

shes on something else too pills.....i cant remember where they are

I dont know what to do...the vets are usually really good :(:(

shes on 0.4ml baytril a day and 1/4 a tablet. I just want my girlie back to normal :(:(:cry::cry:

on sat the vet put the dye in her eye ald it looked fine...its not bulging or anything....just the white third eyelid....and the drool

shes on something else too pills.....i cant remember where they are

I dont know what to do...the vets are usually really good :(:(

shes on 0.4ml baytril a day and 1/4 a tablet. I just want my girlie back to normal :(:(:cry::cry:

on sat the vet put the dye in her eye ald it looked fine...its not bulging or anything....just the white third eyelid....and the drool

I would be thinking of a second opinion.

Back