• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coco has gone, I am not sure what to do?

ninaannechalk

Young Bun
Coco, my doe and wife to Mr Bunns escaped tonight. She is a lovely brown Doe that Mr Bunns and I loved very much, she goes out in the garden all the time and never ever tries to escape and actually plods around and mooches to her little hearts content. Tonight my dad left a hole in the fence which i didnt realise was uncovered as he is setting up and train track for my son, I left the back door open and in the space of 15 minuites I am guessing she found this hole and escaped into the wilderness behind and around our house, we looekd and looked and called for her but could not see her anywhere, she didnt even have that long to get that far. I felt for sure we owudl find her but we could not and not for the want of trying, i keep looking out to see anymovement but nothing. I keep sitting thinking abouther in the iwnd, cold and dark alone and I am so sad and there is nothing I can do. Will she come back? do thewy have a homing sense. I really miss her little face and so does Mr Bunns. I feel a failiure as a bunny mummy but I really did not know it was left uncovered, it was a communication error. What can I do, I feel so sad, she is my bunny and should be here. What makes it worse is she was a rescue rabbit that i gave a lovely home too and promised i would look after her and I have let he down....:(:(:(:cry:

To begin with try all your neighbours gardens, and put notes through all your extended neighbours doors with your details. Tomorrow contact all the local vets, pet shops and rescues. Put posters up in local shops, schools etc.

Don't give up...do you have a run? Put Mr Bunns in it, she may come back if she smells him, also leave some food out and a carrier in case she wants somewhere to hide. Are you sure she went through the hole, she may have got spooked and be hiding under a bush?

It is a good idea to have the other bunny out in a run, maybe put down food near where she escaped and wait quietly. I have a family of does that have escaped under their shed a few times and we put a puppy pen run around the hole and leave food etc.. Once things go quiet they come back out and we shoo them into the shed.

Best of luck!!

Oh wow - the best thing happened this morning - after a night of worry and feeling sad, I came down, did the kids packed lunches, went back upstairs, came down and Coco was on the Kitchen mat!!!!!!!:shock::p How shocked and yet happy was I too see her, now where had she been was the question? Turns out she had been hiding down th eside of the tumble dryer in the utility all night - she had squeezed herself in there and obviousley didnt ant to be disturbed!! Can not believe it. I have booked her into the vets today as I feel she is unwell, I thought she wa snot right yesterday and i think she was hiding away as she feels poorly as this is very un like her, she has eaten nothing and is skulking in the Kitchen:cry:. Mr Bunns seems to be keeping his distance and she is looking very sad. I hope she is OK as she is a beautiful rabbit that I do not want to lose. She was miss treated as a baby by some nasty people and I have given her a lovely home and husband and want her to keep enjoying it and to be happy and hoppy as she usually is. Fingers crossed they say she is just a little low for what ever reason and she bounces back but thank God I found her, well that she reappeared, just wish it was because she was starving:(

Hi, Well we went to the vets where we found she has a temp of 40!!:shock: and a rabbit form of Cystitus (not sure how you spell) so we have some antibiotics and a from of paste that will give her the nutrients she needs while of her food. She has been hiding most of the day with Mr Bunns taking good care of her, just had to handle her to give her the paste orally so she is not best pleased with me but i am just glad she is here. Fingers crossed she gets better, vet says the antibiotics will do the trick. Thank you all for your nice posts and caring:love:

Oh glad the vets found the problem and hope she feels better soon, it must be uncomfortable for her poor love, has she got painkillers (maybe Metacam?)

Aw, I missed this thread at the time, so I've only seen it now she's been found, thank goodness, I would have been worried sick for you! Hope she gets well soon xxx

So glad she turned up, not so good that she is a poorly girl with cystitis though.
Could you give her the meds that are in paste form with food?
One of the buns I look after gets stressed when he is picked up & his meds squirted into his mouth. However he happily accepts them when they are fed to him in a little basil leaf 'parcel'. It works a treat, maybe this would work for your girl?
All the best, hope she is better really soon. :)

Ah thank you all for your well wishes. I am glad to report she is actually back to her old self already, eating, hopping around and moochingin the garden, i am not really sure what was wrong with her - not sure if i think it was what the vet said or maybe she was just a little stressed and under the weather. But all tippity top now and yes i am so glad i am lookin at them both aslepp and not just the one.xx:D:D

Back