• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a vaseline substitute?????

angieb

Mama Doe
i have read quite a few posts on things that need sudacrem and vaseline on.
i have a daughter who has special needs and due to some of her medical needs she gets a special thing prescribed....its called cavilon, no sting barrier film. it doesnt smell and its actually prescribed to be put on my daughters tracheostomy site. (which is a open airway in her throat)
its on like a lolly pop and you jus wipe it over the area and it leaves a invisible dry film over. which no more damp can get past. it can be used in sensitive areas... i was wondering if anyone has heard of this? you can gett in a cream like sudacrem but this is 100x better.
i get alot and touch wood we dont use it that much. aparently you cant buy it and not alot of docs prescribe it as its expensive.
i give it to friends as its fantastic for nappie rash or any rash thats irritated by dampness. my friends OH takes some when hes on exercise in the army to stop you know what rubbing :oops:
anyway after a long winded post,,,,the question is does anybody think it would be safe for buns and how would i find out as it is brilliant for any rash and i dont think the bun would be able to lick it off. plus its safe for new born babies so thats what made me think.....:?
if i could find out i would happily send it to people who had ill bunnies........

Angie I will buy some off you as I use it on an incontinant rabbit I have I would rather pay you than the vets:D

Back