• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

luxury fur lined bird nests!

Squizz

Alpha Buck
I chucked all of the moulted fur that had accumulated in the rabbits hutch into the garden, thinking the birds might like it for nesting material...then I saw this lovely little bird busy at work today! I love the way it looks like a big moustache!

107.jpg

Last edited:
that is a good piccie i would send that somewhere

father christmas inbird form :lol:

Fantastic pic. :D

I put a lot of Herbie's fur out and our blue **** have been taking advantage of it.

Some baby birds are going to be growing up in luxurious nests. :love:

Between that and the binky action shot, you manage to capture the shots I fail at :lol: . Lovely. Having previously seen birds carrying off bunny fur for nesting, I strategically placed some near the tit box - it's no longer there so I hoep they've used it rather than it fly off in the wind :lol:

Aww, isn't he/she precious?!! :love: I made the mistake of throwing a load of groomed-out dog hair into the garden for the birds - it's now blowing round in great clumps! :mrgreen:

Great photo! :love:

We always give the fur to our aviary birds.
But we do leave some in the garden for the wildies too :D

:love::love:

that's fab!!! I might give my birds some fur to nest in as they are always digging up the sand paper on the bottom of the aviary!

Thanks! I just got lucky with this one! It makes me very happy to think of the the baby birds snuggling into the soft bunny fur we've all been giving them!

Um.... I think I need glasses or something...I cant see a pic of a bird with a moustache.......:wave:

Brilliant :D

I always let my bunny fur float around in the hope that birdies will use it for nesting.

Back