• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sneezing fit?

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Ruby's just had a sneezing fit for what seems about 2 minutes in total. Is this normal, or does it means there's something stuck in their noses? Also I've read so much about fits on here, how do I tell if it's definitely sneezing?

It sounds like us sneezing or blowing our nose.

Thumps has done it sticking his nose in dusty cobwebby places:oops: It's easy to see the bit of cobweb or fur round his nose.

We had dusty hay during winter & he started sneezing daily even though I was tossing the hay before giving it to him. I thought I was getting rid of the dust, but when I stuck my own nose in it Phewwww! So Isprayed it with water & messed around a bit. Now get him oats hay/farm hay. He stopped sneezing completely within 2 days when I controled the dust.

There is usually a clear discharge, later turning milky from ONE side of the nose if there's a foreign body in there.

If dust control doesn't stop the sneezing, we have to keep snuffles at the back of our minds. I'd go to a top rabbit savvy vet right at the beginning if we are suspecting that.

Good luck Hoping you'll find the dust source :wave:

It sounds like us sneezing or blowing our nose.

Thumps has done it sticking his nose in dusty cobwebby places:oops: It's easy to see the bit of cobweb or fur round his nose.

We had dusty hay during winter & he started sneezing daily even though I was tossing the hay before giving it to him. I thought I was getting rid of the dust, but when I stuck my own nose in it Phewwww! So Isprayed it with water & messed around a bit. Now get him oats hay/farm hay. He stopped sneezing completely within 2 days when I controled the dust.

There is usually a clear discharge, later turning milky from ONE side of the nose if there's a foreign body in there.

If dust control doesn't stop the sneezing, we have to keep snuffles at the back of our minds. I'd go to a top rabbit savvy vet right at the beginning if we are suspecting that.

Good luck Hoping you'll find the dust source :wave:

Twiglet does it from time to time but she is fine- think maybe an irritation-

Twig has done it probably three or four times since we got her- its spooky- I just stroke her and it distracts her and she stops.

She suffers no ill health probs- its just something she 'does'

Back