• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is he!?

Mrs Ord

Mama Doe
I'm still none the wiser as to what breed Carlisle is. I was told flemish giant but looking at pics he doesn't look the same. He is big about the size of my cat and she's medium :lol: He's only four months now so still time to grow as well. Anyone got any idea??

070.jpg

How big do they get? I thought they we're quite small :? He is a big boy and very heavy. Probably twice the size of my Lilly.

Yep,I would say dwarf lop too, definitely not flemish. He could have a bit of a cross with something something larger depending on his weight. Dwarf Lops can go up to about 3kg.

Dwarf lops do not have the dwarf gene ;) It's mini's that do, unless you're in the USA or some parts of Europe where it all gets mixed up :lol:

mini/dwarf lop size of a cat and hes four months, ???? :? nothing mini or small about him at all

just have him down as a rew lop if he has red eyes, large breeds take up to 18 months to reach full size i think, so time will tell as he gets bigger :)

It's difficult to say what he'll look like as an adult if he's only 16 weeks. If he's already cat sized I'd probably plump for German lop or maybe even a French lop crossed with something else...deffo not a Flemish Giant though

Yep,I would say dwarf lop too, definitely not flemish. He could have a bit of a cross with something something larger depending on his weight. Dwarf Lops can go up to about 3kg.

My dwarf lop Honey was almost 4KG (one in the avatar), maybe she had somehting bigger in her somewhere along the line, or maybe she was just too fat :lol::lol: didn't make any difference to me what breed she was I just loved her and still miss her :love::love:

My dwarf lop Honey was almost 4KG (one in the avatar), maybe she had somehting bigger in her somewhere along the line, or maybe she was just too fat :lol::lol: didn't make any difference to me what breed she was I just loved her and still miss her :love::love:

He does look very much like your rabbit! I'm not sure of his weight I think i'll get the scales out or have him weighed when he gets the snip. I know he weighs more than either of my cats though. Its shocking how heavy he is :shock:

mini/dwarf lop size of a cat and hes four months, ???? :? nothing mini or small about him at all

just have him down as a rew lop if he has red eyes, large breeds take up to 18 months to reach full size i think, so time will tell as he gets bigger :)

Aw he's lovely! :love:

I'm no expert but I'd say a REW Dwarf Lop too.

(areia -As I understand it - Dwarf Lops have dwarf sized ears but are normal sized in every other way - their ears are small compared to English Lops I suppose! This unfortunately leads many people to believe they are purchasing a dwarf rabbit when they aren't! Mini Lops are the the small lop-eared breed. :p)

Looks like he's settling in. Oh and our shed looks very like that at the moment.... :oops:...... it's a summer project!

He's a stunner anyway! I love REW's. :love:

He does look very much like your rabbit! I'm not sure of his weight I think i'll get the scales out or have him weighed when he gets the snip. I know he weighs more than either of my cats though. Its shocking how heavy he is :shock:

Maybe it's REW dwarf lops then :) maybe they are a bit heavier than other dwarf lops? (or in Honey's case quite a lot bigger and heavier!) :lol: He sure is a very handsome boy whatever breed he is :love:

He's from the Gorgeous breed by the looks of it :love:

I've given up trying to figure out what mine are!

Yes I think thats probably right. We should start a new breed of just gorgeous buns!! I think it could be very popular though and full of buns :p

Mistletoe-Snowgoose is a REW Dwarf Lop and he is big and also strangely heavy - they are just chunkily built!!! he is 3kilos despite being very active and not fat.

I have a rew dwarf lop and he's 2.21kg (Brian), my other dwarf lop is 2.41kg (Lola). I originally thought Maximoo was a dwarf lop too but he's 3.53kg and my rabbit savvy vet is 100% certain he's crossed with a larger breed and that my other 2 lops are most definately dwarf lops :D.

Size really can vary, imo he is too big to be a dwarf lop and his ears are not particularly characteristic of a dwarf either. Just my opinion though!

Back