• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny :)

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
On Saturday two girls came around to mine and asked if I wanted their bunny. I have had my 'eye' on this bun for months. Knowing that the last lot of bunnies they had they released down their land :shock: I only found out after the deed had been done and they were breeding happily with the wildies. :roll:

So this time I made it clear to the father not to do that again, I'd have the rabbit. So on Sat he came to me. He is quite skinny, had clogged eyes but now he has sparkly eyes and is eating for Britain. :love: He is now named Percy.

One of the girls had seen all my set ups once before and was in 'wow' state as she wondered around getting introduced to the zoo. She was breeding Guinea Pigs a while ago but I took one of last boys and since then the other male had gone, she informed me. Bless her I think she would improve the state her bunnies are kept in if she could (the given up bunny wasn't hers it was her friends) She proudly said she cleans out her bunnies once a week, I said I do it daily and she was like 'wow, really'. I gave her food advice and she listened. Lets hope the other girl doesn't get rabbits again.

020-2.jpg

023-2.jpg

024-1.jpg

Last edited:
He's lovely. xx :love: xx

He definitely looks a little sorry for himself though - am sure he'll soon settle and relax once he realises he's safe and will be loved.

Our next-door neighbour's rabbit worries me though they "love him" - we offered to take him off them as the weather hit freezing as he was in a poorly built hutch with no protection and I think it did at least make them think so he was moved to the shed over winter thank goodness.

But even though our two are currently house-bunnies I want an outdoor set-up for them for daytime use (possibly over Summer months) and I sort of can't wait to see the faces of the said neighbours when they see what I'm doing for rabbits lol. The hutch this rabbit is in is probably 4ft and his 'run' is tiny.

Back