• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets in Preston, Lancs?

Hi All,

Anyone living in or around the Preston, Lancs area? Wondered if you would be able to advise me.

I've used to live on one side of Preston in Whitestake and took my buns to a vets near there (been with the vets now for 4 years) but I've recently moved to the oter side of Preston in Ribbleton and I'm in a quandry about vets.

Dunno whether I should move them to a new vets and wondered who you went to and how rabbit savvy they are?

Thanks

Tammy x

We use to live in Clifton, Preston before we moved 6 weeks ago to North Yorkshire but we used the 'Animal Medical Centre' in Thornton Cleveleys, we have used them for years and they are brilliant with rabbits.
It may be to far for you to travel, but this is their website. :)

http://www.animalmedicalcentre.co.uk/

Thanks for that :) I think it might be a little too far for them - they get a bit stressed going the way across town ... howver I'm right by the m/way M55 so may be easy to get to. I used to board my buns with a lady in Thornton Cleveleys but they had a rest each end after the journey I suppose so they weren't too bad.

Tammy x

We have 15 rescue rabbits and so we were always at the vets for one thing and another and we use to ask for vet 'Sue White' as she was brilliant and has been treating our rabbits since the 90's.
That is the one thing we miss the most about moving, our vets. :D

Yeah, that's what I'm thinkin about....

My current vets have been looking after 2 of my buns for 4 years and the other 2 for 2 years - they are usually happy to have their molars burred for spurs conscious at this vets and know the set up of the kennels etc etc but now because I;m no longer only 2 mins round the corner by car they get a bit stressed on the car journey. But I;m weighing this up with the other vets near to where I live now who say they would only really do their teeth if they had GA or at the least, sedation. However, I'm not really happy with this as they need them done every 6-8 weeks and that's far too much for a bun I think if it's done under GA or sedation every time.

However, the current vets seem ti have a highturnover of new vets at the moment so I;m wondering does that make any difference? They have a rabbit lady there who did Mr Bingley's eye op but she isn't in all the time and so I see a different vet nearly every time I go anyway so would it matter if I went to a new vet anyway

Oh decisions, decisions - just don't know what to do for the best - you can't really 'test drive' vets with your pet so hoping someone with dental buns can point me in the right direction.

I;ll make a note of this lady's name - thanks for that one :)

Tammy x

Hiya!
I'm not too far from you in Preston! I use Abbey Vet centre. They've got two practices in Preston, one on Watling Street Road (by the Garrison) and one in Fulwood (nearish to the leisure centre).

I'm not sure what they're like for conscious dentals though - I remember discussing it with one of the vets and they kind of take it on a case by case basis. Actually they're very open to you suggesting things and discussing the buns care - get you involved in the decisions, so maybe worht going and having a chat with them first?

I've had a couple of awkward cases over the past year and they've been brilliant - the vets I see most are Mr Chadwick and Rachel.

PM me if you need any more info.

Hi Mad Bunster,

I live right off Watling so I could nearly walk to that one with them ... though I was juggling two carry cases this morning to t'vet so maybe not :lol:

These aren't the ones in the row of shops where the Chinese and Pizza place is it? Or are they different again?

Tammy x

Thats them right in with the Chinese and Hair/beauty place! Just try not to call in for a take-away every time you're there! :lol:

They're good for just calling in for a chat too - I've done that a few times on way to work. They get busy at the end of the day though.

That Chinese is fab!! Will be very difficult not to take a detour :lol:

Thanks for that - I will do some gassing to named people by yourself and Tuckerbunnies and see how we go - ooo, I feel like I'm cheating on my vet now :oops::lol:

Tammy x

Not sure of good vets in Preston but just I'm in Blackburn ...hiya :wave:

I didn't know about the savvy vet in Cleveleys...but good to know :D

I live in walton-le-dale, there's a vets in bamber bridge which concentrates on small animals (as well as dogs and cats), not sure what it's like but always looks busy. I'm going there on wed with mine to be neutered... :shock: here's their website http://www.withygrovevets.co.uk/

Hi LilDebs and Domino :wave: :wave:

Lovely to see a North West contingent on here :lol:

Let me know how your vets are LilDebs - I'm just up the m/way from Bamber Bridge - or could go London Way.

Tammy x

Not sure of good vets in Preston but just I'm in Blackburn ...hiya :wave:

I didn't know about the savvy vet in Cleveleys...but good to know :D

' The Animal Medical Centre' in Thornton Cleveleys is brilliant, especially vet 'Sue Wight' we use to live near the vets but then we moved to Preston but we still used the same vets as they were so good.

Good luck with your neuter on Weds

Tammy x

Thank-you! I double checked with them today that everything was still ok for tomorrow and spoke to a very nice lady who said they would be discussing with me all about after care in a pre-arranged appointment for me which I thought was nice! She deffo needs it, at the moment she is currently running around my sofa in the lounge at max speed....oh and grunting!

:lol: :love: the honking's so cute, I missed it when Bo and Barna-bunny got done. Was't so enamoured of the constantly having to separate the pair of them as they went round and round in a little honking circle - they kept at it even when you were lifting them and then startd on your arm :roll:

Hi LilDebs and Domino :wave: :wave:

Lovely to see a North West contingent on here :lol:

Let me know how your vets are LilDebs - I'm just up the m/way from Bamber Bridge - or could go London Way.

Tammy x

I use Abbeydale vets, and tend to see Marie Terees or MT she's good, the male vet I'm not 100% on, one of the nurses also has opened a pet feed shop just down the road and now licensed to sell meds....so that will come in handy! :D

EtA My buns have only had neuter and jabs/check up as they have both been healthy to date...so couldn't comment on the dental advice..

Last edited:
Back