• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit hates the cat!

Life in a multi pet house is tough!! I have 2 young cats who have been going outside for the last few months, and loving it!! I also let the bunnies free range in the garden and have been supervising while the cats and rabbits get used to eachother. The cats are quite intimidated by the rabbits, and if the rabbits keep getting closer, the cats just go in. Jackpot! Or so i thought.

Shy-Boy has decided he really hates Star, my girl cat. Yesterday she came over the fence and was walking over to me when Shy-Boy just lauched himself across the garden and grabbed her by her side, she screamed and legged it into the house. It was so quick, it was all over by the time I'd stood up! Fortunately he didnt break the skin but she has a bump where he had hold of her.

This is completely out of the blue for Shy-Boy, who usually lives up to his name. I'm wondering about getting him checked out by the vet, as he's an old man now (8 in July) but he seems really happy and healthy, not acting his age at all, and he hates going to the vets and usually ends up trying to climb the walls!

What are your thoughts?

My bunny is like that with humans and other animals alike.
I cant even bond her she is so aggressive.
I really dont know what to suggest but I'm not sure a trip to the vets is needed as its unlikely to be a health related issue.
If possible I would just try to keep them apart. But if the bunny got hold of the cat once, I doubt she will catch her again.

My bunny is like that with humans and other animals alike.
I cant even bond her she is so aggressive.
I really dont know what to suggest but I'm not sure a trip to the vets is needed as its unlikely to be a health related issue.
If possible I would just try to keep them apart. But if the bunny got hold of the cat once, I doubt she will catch her again.

I agree with the above. Cats are not stupid. Star will probably run away next time Shy Boy gets near her. To be on the safe side, try to keep an eye on them when they are together.

I do sympathise, or should I say my cats sympathise.:lol: One of my bunnies used to charge them every now and then. They would always run away. Now, he has given up charging them and they just ignore him.:)

The strange thing is that its only Star he seems to have a problem with, if any of my neighbours 4 cats come in he's fine, he was fine with our previous cat Benson, and our other cat Sky :?

Animals!! :lol::lol:

Back