• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whats the youngest age a female rabbit can get preggers?

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
i know boys need to be done at 4 months and girls 6 months but if left un touched whats the earliest age they can produce a litter?

im seriously doubting that the litter stes mom found yesterday is the sisters.

once the vet has had a good look down below we will know for sure. but the baby in the pic she sent to me looks nothing like the mom and possible dad :?

ive just worked out they are about 9 months and theres not been babies before this and the dates possibly tie into an escape by the buns a little while ago

lots of wild buns where stes mom lives :?

i really hope they aint inbreds, do you think im hoping against all the odds here :(

I think it's quite common for domestics to breed with wildies...are the babies agouti up-ears? I Think the wildie genes tend to be stronger than the domestic genes, so chances are the babies would look like slightly chunkier versions of a wildie.

OTOH it's also not uncommon for an un-neutered pair to live together for quite a long time without reproducing

I think it's quite common for domestics to breed with wildies...are the babies agouti up-ears? I Think the wildie genes tend to be stronger than the domestic genes, so chances are the babies would look like slightly chunkier versions of a wildie.

OTOH it's also not uncommon for an un-neutered pair to live together for quite a long time without reproducing

not too good with colours the pic looks like its a greyish brown so i think thats agouti :oops:. the mom & possible dad are very dark brown with that white line in the nose ive seen on some bunnies. never seen them in the flesh tho only mobile phone pics. if i wasnt told they was in a nest that almost got thrown away i would think it was a totally unrelated bunny that some how snook into the hutch.

but i have no baby experience so i dont know how genetics work, i always expected some resemblence to the parents..

not heard from her yet so im guessing possible dad didnt go the vets yet to be sexed. i just dont understand how if one is the dad noone noticed a great whopping penis/ball sack :?

If you get a pair of buns from Teds and Ruby's breeder then they can stay together so long as the buck is done at 12/16 weeks (when balls drop.) Then the doe at 5/6 months. She's NEVER had a pair leaving together, and having a litter, so I'd go for 4/5 months for a doe. :? (Well....a Frenchie.)

If you get a pair of buns from Teds and Ruby's breeder then they can stay together so long as the buck is done at 12/16 weeks (when balls drop.) Then the doe at 5/6 months. She's NEVER had a pair leaving together, and having a litter, so I'd go for 4/5 months for a doe. :? (Well....a Frenchie.)

I thought giants matured later though?

14 weeks is meant to be the standard in a regular bun.

We had a little doe who was pregnant at 12 weeks..but that is very early..boys can reproduce before the testicles drop as they can be formed but with-held

We always advise splitting the sexes at 9 weeks

they are still sisters :D:D:D:D

no mis-sexing and no inbreeding... babies are half wilde bunny :D:D:D

what a relief.... im sure stes mum will think twice before going to a breeder again even tho she turned out to not get it wrong :lol::lol:

they are still sisters :D:D:D:D

no mis-sexing and no inbreeding... babies are half wilde bunny :D:D:D

what a relief.... im sure stes mum will think twice before going to a breeder again even tho she turned out to not get it wrong :lol::lol:

This is the worst possible situation TBH...the babies will need experienced homes because they will be fast and difficult to handle, and nobody will want them anyway because 1) they are a 'boring' colour and 2) they won't be hands-on pets :(

Back