• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Gerbils

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Thought i would introduce our newest arrivals at Indy's Rascals. There were 19 of them in the one cage :shock: The female is on her 4th litter - possibly pregnant with her 5th. They are all a bit scrawny and coats a bit greasy but nice gerbils. They arent ready for rehoming just yet though.

We have the mum in with her two older daughters and 5 pups. The daughters are fantastic with the pups and help mum out. Poppy (black) is always with the pups looking after them :love:
The Dad was unwanted by them as they preferred to keep two of the young pups instead - but he's lovely. He is in with two of his 6 week old sons.

Rose (mummy gerb)
DSC00036Small.jpg

DSC00047Small.jpg

Daisy (older daughter)
DSC09967Small.jpg

DSC09942Small.jpg

Poppy (older daughter)
DSC00104Small.jpg

DSC00105Small.jpg

Ted (dad)
DSC00222Small.jpg

DSC00219Small.jpg

Dougal (6wk pup)
DSC00212Small.jpg

Jack (6wk pup)
DSC00167Small.jpg

3 week old pups - n ot the best pic as too wriggly :roll:
DSC00129Small.jpg

DSC09953Small.jpg

One of Rose and Daisy. If you look closely at mum (on right) you can see the little legs of one of the pups suckling from her :love:
DSC00114Small.jpg

Aww... they are gorgeous. Since I lost both my two gerbils (One last year and one this year :( to old age )both my partner and myself really miss having gerbils but we are not ready for them yet as my partner wants to get a big tank for them set up in his study so he can watch them while he works... but when we do look to get some more maybe I'll be able to persuade him to travel to Dundee :D

I really miss my two and these little guys have reinforced that! I'm so glad they're all safe with you now. xx

Aww that would be lovely! We can sometimes organise gerbil runs if a homecheck can be arranged or meet people ourselves which would save you coming all the way!

Will be putting more pics up once pups are older anyway. :)

If you feel gerbiilly again please let me know :wave:

Aww that would be lovely! We can sometimes organise gerbil runs if a homecheck can be arranged or meet people ourselves which would save you coming all the way!

Will be putting more pics up once pups are older anyway. :)

If you feel gerbiilly again please let me know :wave:

Well I can't wait to see more pictures of these little lovelys! I will definately be in touch in the future. I really can't wait to have gerbils again... I could watch them all day, I find them fascinating :lol:

Bless them they're lovely! :love:

A pair of gerbils were my first 'furry' pets after much nagging to my mum and dad lol. They've had a special place in my heart ever since! Our current pair were from horrible circumstances - we were told 'the cats have already hand two' and the cage was beyond horrible with no substrate at all. Seeing the difference in them when they got a tank with digging space was just fantastic.

I think they're a pet we'll always have now we've got them again! :D xx

Beautiful pics!! You are the egerbil forum person then? I thought you were lol! I go on there sometimes. Am Hanlou on there too. 'Tis a small world this internet place! :)

I hope they all continue to thrive xx

exactly :roll: thats why i wont show her :) her mouth is non stop as it is

Haaaaa Haaaa! :lol: :lol:

Loads of people have called me Hannah Banana in the past too - it sounds best with a Scottish accent as my old boss had.

Oooohh yess she would love them, am sure she would! ;)

Bless them they're lovely! :love:

A pair of gerbils were my first 'furry' pets after much nagging to my mum and dad lol. They've had a special place in my heart ever since! Our current pair were from horrible circumstances - we were told 'the cats have already hand two' and the cage was beyond horrible with no substrate at all. Seeing the difference in them when they got a tank with digging space was just fantastic.

I think they're a pet we'll always have now we've got them again! :D xx

Beautiful pics!! You are the egerbil forum person then? I thought you were lol! I go on there sometimes. Am Hanlou on there too. 'Tis a small world this internet place! :)

I hope they all continue to thrive xx

Yes im the egerbil forum person :lol:

Back