• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dust free hay company

stalky or soft

• stalky

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • soft

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • no preference

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

hannah C

Alpha Buck
have decided to give these ago.......... but th question is stalky or soft? i dont want to wast any so what do your bunnies prefer.

steve tends to pic the thick hard peices out of the hay i give him first and it seems jas will eat anything!

made a poll to just out of interest!:lol:

Stalky for all 3 of mine. They all seem to only eat certain bits out of my hay and then leave the rest.

My lot don't get this, reason being they can get through a bale of farm hay in 2 weeks, and adding on top of that a bag of burns welsh meadow and 2 bags of burns green oat! To be honest I wouldn't be able to afford it so frequently!

I voted stalky though, quite simply because I'd much rather the buns have it especially those with ongoing dental problems! :wave:

I've bought both in the past and agree that the soft looks more appetising to us 'oomans but the bunnies definitely prefer the stalky.

may order some stalky then......just gave then some green oat hay and they're tucking in to that alright and thats quite stalky isnt it....*goes off for a ponder.:?

if another person says to me hay is hay im going to deck them too....
me: dust free hay is ment to be good but do u think the rabbits would like stalky or soft.
oh: um hay is hay isnt it?
me:no theres lots of different hays*reels off a few
oh: Hannah hay is hay....tis all the same with a different name!

now i love my OH but im glad i can come here!

My two seem to prefer the soft. They will eat the stalky but it gives them runny poo. I would prefer Inky to eat the stalky because it has higher feed value.

Back