• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow Balls-GI Impaction/Obstruction ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone encountered a problem with a Rabbit developing an intestinal impaction/obstruction after eating a Willow Ball toy ?

............................ :cry:

My two love willow balls and toys and demolish them with no troubles at all. I have actually been told that willow contains something which has the effect of mild aspirin. It just seems to make them hyper...:lol:

I do stick to one make of willow toy though, mainly because they don't touch anything from P@H.

No, I've never known it happen...but I guess it's possible if they don't chew it up into small enough pieces to pass easily, or if the pieces are sharp and damage the lining of the gut? :?

nope but I tend to get the thinner ones which they eat like hay as they are not so fond of the big sticks :)

you mean fresh made ones or bought, ??

4 of my buns now turn their noses up at shop bought willow, and seeing how weeping willow dries its a totaly differant colour and doesnt have the glazed look the shop ones have,

I try to only give the softer newer shoots for them to chew as well, I do get older shoots , but I no longer give the tougher pieces to frosty due to her jaw alighnment

if anything fresh willow makes my buns poos huuge and golden, so no gut probs here

Back