• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nightmare -Boarders owners stuck in Egypt

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I was boarding someones rabbits for a week (I was bonding them into a five also) they should have been collected on Friday but because of this Volcano ash they cannot get home and I got a txt tonight to say it will be next Thursday at the earliest:shock:. I have other boarders booked in:roll:

oh no, Could I help in any way? I am back on Friday Morning (all being well) I could tak a couple of extraand put them in my'extra' set up ;)

ETA: just thought I will be back too late, but happy to help if I can

Well hopefully not many will actually be coming in if the owners are hoping to fly away? Hope it sorts itself out ok!!!

I'm looking after a friends guinea pigs,shes also in Egypt and flew out the day before the flights stopped,she was due back this thursday ,not heard if she'll be able to fly back or not.....luckily I don't have the pressure of knowing there are other boarders booked!

my best friends sister and her family are stuck in Egypt as well.. they should have been back on saturday! poor them.. they're stuck in an all inclusive hotel until at least next saturday! :lol:

We have the same problem we are boarding 5 dogs for someone and they are stuck in the philippines, they won't be back until at least Friday:roll:

We are in a similar situation, 5 of our customers have been unable to get back so far, so their furry friends are having an extended stay. Others have cancelled and come back for their animals after not being able to to get away. Thankfully we have some emergency indoor cages if needs be and they dont get back before we need their space.

I was thinking about this at the weekend! Wondering what animals were stuck in boarding whilst their owers were stuck abroard!

It really is out of their control!

Hannah

We have 12 awaiting collection , some of their owners are in Egypt, Mexico, Turkey ! South Africa and Antiga! I have had 2 cancellations of people going away. However its fine its nothing we cannot cope with!

I suppose it is ok if you don't have boarders booked in all the time, I never have a wek without a boarder so it is quite manic at the min with this flippin cloud:roll:

We've had to go and buy another indoor cage today as we are full at the moment and have new people coming this evening and no where to put their bun due to non collections cos of the ash.

Well, things just get better and better.

One of the people who is boarding with us has just phoned to say one of the dogs we have is possibly pregnant,:shock::shock: they mated her before they went away and never told us incase we wouldn't have her.:roll::roll:

They are now stuck abroad, and we have got to deal with their dog (we have had her over 3 weeks already). They have rung to say if she is pregnant we need to change her diet and give her extra supplements. How am I supposed to know if she is or not:roll:.

Some people make me so mad :evil::evil::evil:

Oh and to top it all off one of the other dogs was supposed to go today and we have had no phone call, nothing. So I am assuming they went on holiday abroad.

How's everyone coping.

We have 5 dogs that should have gone back last week. Have spoken to the owner and the earliest they can get back is 11th May:shock:!! 1 owner we still haven't heard anything from.:?

Re the possible pregnancy, do the owners know when she was mated? Does she seem lethargic, eating, drinking urinating more, have enlarged nipples etc. Has there been any discharge? Am assuming if you are doing boarding you have access to a vet who would be able to look at the dog and advise further.

How's everyone coping.

We have 5 dogs that should have gone back last week. Have spoken to the owner and the earliest they can get back is 11th May:shock:!! 1 owner we still haven't heard anything from.:?

gosh 11th may, the baclog must be soo long :shock:

Back