• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Solo bun..?

Charlotte1984

Young Bun
Has anyone had a bunny that lost a mate and then just wasn't interested in another one? I know buns are supposed to live in pairs, but Fudge is just horrible to all bunnies he has ever come into contact with since losing Millie about 5 months ago, and I just wonder, can he be happy living on his own now?

He is a hutch bunny during the day / overnight, but comes inside in the evenings for a hop and snuggle. :love:

Has anyone ever come across this before, where they just never take to another bunny after losing their mate?

My bunnies fell out 6 months ago and Snowdrop will now not accept a friend. She is horribly violent attacking them straight away.

any budding bunny psychologists out there...?! Why do some bunnies just hate others after a while - can they think they have bonded with you?! :?

I have a single lady bun who lost her sister about 3 years ago. She has been tried with other buns over and over again and no joy. She has been married properly for a few weeks in some cases and then just goes off on one.

I think we are almost at giving up point. She seems to be really contented on her own.

We do however, think that it may be because she's not 100% well. She had a cancer removed years ago that had spread - she may know that she isn't healthy and wants to be left alone.

Back