• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing the carpet!!!

JC1982

New Kit
Ok so I know this is pretty much normal behaviour, however I recently got my nuetered male bun (Harry) a little female friend (Tinker). They get on great 100% and are snuggly buns after only 1 week of bonding, even though the living room was obviously Harrys territory, so been really lucky in that respect :thumb: .

However I was kinda hoping Harry would teach Tinker his good little bunny ways, and I was right in that she seems to have taken to the litter tray like a duck out of water. However Harry has now decided its great fun to dig up the carpet under the sofa and by the door......all the time :evil:

Tinker is also joining in the fun and they take the now loose thread in their mouth and pull it all up!!!! Although he did this occaisionally he is now doing it all the time (I have had to tell him off 7 times whilst writing this). IS there anyway to stop this behaviour?

I'm just posting because I have the same problem and if I post here it's easier for me to keep track of the thread. :oops:

In my case it is Nutmeg and Smudge and they seem to do it mainly when they think I'm ignoring them and they want some attention. I try not to reinforce this behaviour by then giving them the attention but I try to nip it in the bud by fussing them before they start. They still do it sometimes when I am not around though.

Last edited:
Yeah mine do that too... Not much I can suggest to help it. We just put some extra rugs and things down to try to limit it... Sorry!

yeah....I know what you mean.....my one bun Arrabella is good in that sense - of not chewing and eating and digging up the carpet or rugs....bu Indiana will! When I reprimand them I can see they know and are learning about whats ok & whats not - but Indiana is encourgaing Arrabella to be abit naughty and it now when Im not looking! :roll::shock: very sneaky!

Not sure what i can let them lay on & play on thats soft for the hocks....easy for grip to binky on but ok if eaten!?

I think continue to reprimand and try to distract with another chewy or digging toy /activity - as they seem to like long term projects when they can get stuck into them! let us know if you succeed! They can be so determined!:lol:

Back