• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amelia our little old dear from Kirkby & her husbun Jake

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Amelia has been loving this warm weather as it really makes her old bones feel better :)

When I brought Amelia home last September, I never dared hope she would still be with us to enjoy the warm weather. To be honest, I was amazed she recovered from being speyed. She has really bad spondylosis of her spine & can't hop properly :( However, she does not let that stop her enjoying life :) She manages just fine with lots of warmth & her daily metacam ;) :love:

Sadly we lost her daughter Annabelle only 5 weeks after we gave them their forever home - but she had Jake our little REW to help through. She loves her little toyboy Jake - he is the most wonderful companion to her & helps enjoy life as much as she can :love:

I absolutely adore this little lady & just how determined she is to enjoy life :) :love:

Here's some pics of her relaxing in the garden yesterday & munching grass with Jake :)

DSCF4674.jpg
DSCF4677.jpg

DSCF4681.jpg
DSCF4683.jpg

DSCF4686.jpg

Thanks guys :)

I have to say I think the sunshine doesn't only make us feel better - but the bunnies too :D

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :)

Bless her Amelia looks soooooooo grumpy but she's not in the slightest - she's just an adorable old lady :love:

Thanks guys - I have to say I can't believe Amelia & Annabelle had been in rescue since Jan 2007 :cry:

I just wish we'd been able to rescue them sooner :(

Back