• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you find that when you hear about people's bunny problems you panic about yours?

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I do!

I hear about x, y, z on here and then panic about mine.

Like today, Lightning and Angel and Baby have been out of the grass, which is a novelty, but all of them have had more grass and been out for more hours already this year than they were today and yet I'm still panicked that they may get upset tummies even though they are showing no signs and tolerated far more a week or so ago. :roll:

Anyone else jump on a panic bandwagon an lose all sense of rational thought?

Yes I got a bit concerned earlier because my lionheads had their first day out today. I limited it to an hour and a half and their fine. Eating lots of hay and accepting any treat that comes their way but it's always a worry!

Yes, I've just read the flystrike story in Bunnmad Magazine and I am now having a parnoid moment. Have put up my fly screens over my windows and done my citronella hanging thing. I've also bum checked thoroughly twice already.

Yes!! I have just put a post on about Fay's throat, totally overreacted and thought something really irrational!! Was in a blind panic. But then I am going through a really stressful time at the moment so I will let myself off! I think it is natural to worry about them, as we are responsible for them and we love them and because they cant tell us when they are poorly!

I worry pretty much all the time anyway! Especially on weekdays because I have to make sure I leave myself enough time to rush to the vets before work just in case anybun is poorly :oops:

No, I can see how it can happen though. I am quite in-tune with my bunsters and I know them individually really well so I will know almost instantly if something is not right so as long as they are showing me they are fine - I don't worry, they are pretty clever I think and will let you know if something is wrong I am sure, I know mine would in their own ways whether that be hunching, not eating or not coming to me etc etc I think that proves the value of routine to an extent.

yes. i am always in a state of worry about my bunnies, just because they were alright 5minits ago dosnt mean they will be ok 5minits later.
Reading these threads reminds you of how many ways buns can become poorly.
Bunnies=worry

No, I can see how it can happen though. I am quite in-tune with my bunsters and I know them individually really well so I will know almost instantly if something is not right so as long as they are showing me they are fine - I don't worry, they are pretty clever I think and will let you know if something is wrong I am sure, I know mine would in their own ways whether that be hunching, not eating or not coming to me etc etc I think that proves the value of routine to an extent.

I agree, as far as Bobby is concerned as I know her so well! I have had a few paranoid moments with Carlo, but I am just getting to know him so I will let myself off!:lol:

Until I started reading rabbit forums, I had no idea how many things can go wrong with rabbits. To put it in persepective though, people usually join/post when they have a problem. There will be thousands of healthy pets who never get ill.

One thing that does concern me is how quickly rabbits can get ill and deteriorate. If I have learned one thing on here it is probably that once you see the danger signs, you need to get them to a vet more quickly than other animals.

Reading the Health board does make me worry about ours, but then I have been learning so much that I feel better equipped to deal with issues that may come along.

I panic,yes......and then think that this is a forum....youre bound to hear stuff and then I thank my lucky stars....

Its the MH threads......I panic that I may have a downer someday soon!!!:shock:.......

Back