• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Domestic Rabbits Dumped In Field, Nr Postcode WA11 OAQ

I was lucky enough to rehome a pair of bunnies to a wonderful home in St Helen's today, and their new parents told me about some rabbits who have been dumped in a field not far from where they live.

They are domestic rabbits and there appears to be two of each breed, for example, two dutch, two dwarf lops, so it is possible they are pairs of breeding rabbits who are no longer wanted.

A friend of their's has managed to catch some, but as you can imagine it is really difficult on her own.
Does anyone on this forum live in the area? Are you able to help this lady catch the bunnies at least? I feel rather helpless as I am so far away.

Please send me your details if you are able to help. E mail is better for me, alice@windwhistle2712.fslife.co.uk

Last edited:
Alice, If you can send me the address as I don't think it is that far away from me and i also have a friend who lives in St helens who would prob help:D

I am still waiting to hear from the people. The only problem i have is that if we catch them i have no space what so ever to keep them here:?

Hi Kay,

Your number has been passed to the lady dealing with this, but my contact is worried that she is starting to listen to people who say the rabbits will be okay. She also thinks some have teamed up with wild bunnies, so will be alright! My contact is trying to explain to her that no matter how well adapted to the wild, Mr Fox will have a tasty supper.

So, it may well be that you will not be contacted anyway:( And I appreciate you are full, all rescues are now pushed to their utter limits, and more are closing all of the time, the stress and trying to keep up with the constant calls for help and vet bills is phenomenal.

Thank you to everyone who has offered to help, my contact is so appreciative, but this may be one situation we cannot do anything about.

It is a such a shame, we just cannot help them all.

Alice x

Hi Kay,

Your number has been passed to the lady dealing with this, but my contact is worried that she is starting to listen to people who say the rabbits will be okay. She also thinks some have teamed up with wild bunnies, so will be alright! My contact is trying to explain to her that no matter how well adapted to the wild, Mr Fox will have a tasty supper.

So, it may well be that you will not be contacted anyway:( And I appreciate you are full, all rescues are now pushed to their utter limits, and more are closing all of the time, the stress and trying to keep up with the constant calls for help and vet bills is phenomenal.

Thank you to everyone who has offered to help, my contact is so appreciative, but this may be one situation we cannot do anything about.

It is a such a shame, we just cannot help them all.

Alice x

I have pm'd you as I think we could persuade the woman;)

Carol txt me this morning and we are now just waiting to see if the other woman gets intouch (so I can do my persuasion bit;))as Carol as given her my number. if I haven't heard anything from the woman by teatime tomorrow i will let Carol know and we will have to think of another plan of action.

Back