• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

one of rosie's eyes

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
just noticed she had one more shut then the other, could she have poked it on something, it was abit weepy, her other eye is fine and open :?

just noticed she had one more shut then the other, could she have poked it on something, it was abit weepy, her other eye is fine and open :?

I don't know, but while you're on I was just wondering how Locksley's ear is - the one you had to clean as it was all crusty... :wave:

she may well have poked herself with some hay.
have you pulled her eyelid down very gently to see if anything is stuck in it..the tiniest piece of hay or similar can aggrivate eyes

if it is still bad by Monday I'd get her checked

she may well have poked herself with some hay.
have you pulled her eyelid down very gently to see if anything is stuck in it..the tiniest piece of hay or similar can aggrivate eyes

if it is still bad by Monday I'd get her checked

thamks i'll have another check, i did a quick look last night but couldn't see anything, but will check again :wave:

looked at her eye more closey, but no signs of hay or anything in there, ive tried moving her eye lashs back incase they where getting in it

lay you thumb along under the eye..end of thumb pointing towards her mouth..and roll it upwards towards her eye pressing gently ..if an infection in tear ducts you should get some sort of discoloured fluid appear in eye..not foolproof but can show if an infection there
Dripping some cooled boiled water..make sure it has boiled and has cooled right down..into her eye can wash out any small particles that may be irritating
ALWAYS BE VERY CAREFUL TREATING YOURSELF AND IT IS ALWAYS ADVISABLE TO GET A VET TO CHECK IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST

Back