• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is she in pain or just tired?

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
Esme has had a lovely time in the garden today but I noticed a few runny poops so reckoned she'd eaten too much grass so brought her in. She's slept a lot and hasn't touched her tea. I've kept watch and she is lying down a lot but not particularly hunched. I think she's sick of me watching and trying to shift her and now she's done a full stretch and relaxed flop.

I'm confused. She's not eaten her tea and seems really sleepy. What should I do?

Does her tummy feel bloated? Clo was ill after eating too much grass this week and had to be treated at the vets. She was lying down stretched out and not eating. Now I'm paranoid about watching to see that each one is pooping and eating each morning!

I'm sure some of the other on here have more advice than me as I'm relatively inexperienced. Hope you get someone to give you advice soon. x

Esme has had a lovely time in the garden today but I noticed a few runny poops so reckoned she'd eaten too much grass so brought her in. She's slept a lot and hasn't touched her tea. I've kept watch and she is lying down a lot but not particularly hunched. I think she's sick of me watching and trying to shift her and now she's done a full stretch and relaxed flop.

I'm confused. She's not eaten her tea and seems really sleepy. What should I do?

Are there any other plants/weeds she could have eaten?

Her tummy feels fine, not hard or bloated.

There's nothing apart from grass and a few dandelions and daisies.

Is she drinking for you? I wouldn't leave it overnight if you can't get her to have something - anything!! Benson went off his food last week, but the first thing he took was tiny bit of cream cracker - that started him off and he then ate some basil for me. If he hadn't it would have been the all night vets for him. They would give fluids and something that keeps their guts moving. Happened to Lola a few months back - she was very lethargic and in obvious pain - off to the vets, inection of the above and she was right as rain in about an hour.

Personally I wouldn't risk it to leave till the morning. :cry:

Grass is VERY rich at this time of year. If she is not used to eating it every day all year round it has probably upset her guts.

I agree that phoning the Vet for advice would be a good idea.

Thanks guys. Waiting for call back from emergency vets-the ones I have no confidence in. She's jumped up, had a nibble and gone back to sleep.

she's fine:D thank you for asking:love:

even before the vet rang back last night, she had suddenly woken up, binkied like mad and scoffed all of the herbs that i'd picked for her:roll:

the vet said that i could take her in if i was still worried during the night but i stayed up til 2am with her and she was her normal self - i feel dreadful today tho:roll:

i think it was just a combination of the rich grass (even tho she has been going out at times over the last 2 weeks:?) and wearing herself out:oops:

had to go out this morning and now eric hasn't eaten his pellets:? he probably will when i sit down to eat tho - he's a bit odd like that:lol:

I'm so relieved all is well.
Good on Esme - she didn't know the grass was so rich but she knew to give her tummy a break for a while.

I'm so relieved all is well.
Good on Esme - she didn't know the grass was so rich but she knew to give her tummy a break for a while.

I've put carpet in the outside run so that Clover doesn't make himself ill by eating too much grass again! I just leave a small corner clear for Clo & Dan to eat the grass, which seems to be quite enough for them, and they are happy snuggling on the carpet in the sun!

So glad Esme's feeling better now.:)

I've put carpet in the outside run so that Clover doesn't make himself ill by eating too much grass again! I just leave a small corner clear for Clo & Dan to eat the grass, which seems to be quite enough for them, and they are happy snuggling on the carpet in the sun!

So glad Esme's feeling better now.:)

That is a brilliant idea. We'd just have to take up the carpet when they aren't in the run to keep the grass going.

That is a brilliant idea. We'd just have to take up the carpet when they aren't in the run to keep the grass going.

Yeah, I take it up each night, and we move the run around the lawn too (I'd be in big trouble if we ended up with yellow patches of lawn cos I left the carpet down too long!!!) It also save me having to rake up all the eucalyptus leaves every day:lol:

Back