• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Kirkby babies - 2 new arrivals post 30

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran
These are my beautiful buns that I've adopted from Kirkby:love: Some had been continually overlooked through various health/behaviour problems:cry:

This is Tilley (lionhead) and Harry, I adopted them in September, Tilley had been in the rescue for a couple of years, (she's thought to be about 5) she has major dental problems and has to have regular dentals, she also had head tilt, but has fully recovered, she absolutely adores Harry:love:
013-7.jpg
014-8.jpg

Harry had only been in the rescue a week, but his incisors were very overgrown, he has them clipped every few weeks, but it's becoming more regular and so he's been booked into have them removed in June:cry:
002-11.jpg

Maverick, he'd had 3 homes before arriving at Kirkby because he was aggressive, he has bit me twice, but he's calmed down and now he's a lovely cuddle bun and is going to be bonded with Twinkle:love:
017-5.jpg
028-1.jpg

Barney - the drawmaster:D He was in stassis and very poorly when I had a phone call from Celia, he pulled through and is now very much at home:lol:

This is Babs and Buster who belong to my daughter:D Babs is a dental bun, and no one wanted poor Buster because he's a plain Agouti who's a little overweight:(
Babs
027-Copy.jpg

Buster
024-2.jpg

I have 9 bunnies and only 2 don't have dental problems. It's so sad that they get overlooked because of their problems or because they're the wrong colour:cry: It was so rewarding today seeing all these buns happy and playing, I know a lot of rescues are finding it hard to rehome dental buns, so please next time you are thinking of adopting, look at the ones that have been in the rescues the longest, they deserve a forever home too:D

Last edited:
I am so glad to see you have Maverick :love: I saw him at Kirkby a while ago and worried no one would ever want him...it lovely to see him so happy :love:

I am so glad to see you have Maverick :love: I saw him at Kirkby a while ago and worried no one would ever want him...it lovely to see him so happy :love:

He was only aggressive over food, I tried to get his dish quickly one morning and startled him and he nipped me, which was my fault, he follows me now for fuss, he's booked in for castration in June (next time I have leave) and then he's going with Twinkle, who he's met already - I was cleaning Twinkle out and hadn't secured Mavericks hutch (Twinkle is spayed) so he thought he'd share breakfast with her:)

010-4.jpg

011-4.jpg

It seems that Maverick is very happy with his wifey to be. :D I looked at his video; he's full of energy, bless him!:)

I was present when you adopted Tilley and remember her state.:( Now, I feel so embarrassed for thinking that I would never adopt a bunny like her.:oops: Just look at her now! :D:love::love::love::love:

Awwwwww they are all gorgeous :love::love::love: Lucky buns to have such a wonderful forever home. :D

I love the videos, it's lovely to see them playing and enjoying themselves so much. :D

Awwwwww they are all gorgeous :love::love::love: Lucky buns to have such a wonderful forever home. :D

I love the videos, it's lovely to see them playing and enjoying themselves so much. :D

Barney is practising his drawmaster skills, I might put the rescue names in the ball as he likes running around with it, or Maverick could do the next draw with his tunnel:D I do make them earn their keep:lol:

Beautiful bunnies :love: I never realised you had so many dental buns Sue, well done for giving them all a home, they get so overlooked in rescue :( xXx

Aww you're so kind to help the bunnies that are over looked and you helped so many! :D Good on you! :thumb: You have inspired me to look for a long Resident adoption bun to live with my Dutch rabbit Jasper. I hate to think that no one wants them because of their colour or health problems. :cry: xx

Beautiful bunnies :love: I never realised you had so many dental buns Sue, well done for giving them all a home, they get so overlooked in rescue :( xXx

I seem to attract them like a magnet:lol: Some have more severe problems than others, but I always seem to be at the vets with one of them. They have regular checkups, but once you've had the bunny for a while, you get to know the signs, so off we go to the vets before it becomes a major problem and they stop eating. Twinkle is the exception to this and can have a check up one week then 2 weeks later (usually a Sunday or Bank holiday) she will stop eating, she has a very low pain threshold:roll:
Some have conscious dentals (I know not everyone agrees with this) some have mild sedation and only Twinkle and Basil have had a full GA (some have also had dentals combined with neuters).

They are all so beautiful. It is lovely to see rabbits ourside enjoying the sun. Mine have all been flying through the air this morning with happiness!!

Sue it has made my day seeing all your very lucky bunsters :D :love:

It's wonderful that they have all been given a second chance with you & your family - I couldn't think of a better home for them all to go to :D

Back