• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Smudge please not looking good

Foofy

Alpha Buck
My bun Smudge is not doing well. Can he have some get better vibes please?

He has bad dental disease & elongated tooth roots. He had dental on Tuesday which went well and he was doing well at home until yesterday morning. He wouldn't eat his breakfast so took him to vets and I left him there he was in a lot of pain from his tooth roots which they gave him pain relief by injections. As he then started eating I brought him home this morning first signs good as he started tucking into his pellets but this evening he is not looking good again. I have decided if he is not good tomorrow morning I am going to have him PTS tomorrow :cry:

His dental problems have been going on for the 2 years I have had him he's a rescue bun and he's 3 this year. I knew this time would come at some point when his pain could not be kept under control by high doses of Metacam and now not even ny injections he has had at the vets so unfortunately I feel I don't have much option :cry:

Poor Boy :cry:

As he responded well to analgesia could the Vet not prescribe him Metacam that you can give him every day ?

Hi Jane, Yes he is already on Metacam at home and Baytril and has been for the last 2 years. Unfortunately the Metacam is no longer controlling his tooth root pain he is on a really high dose already but it's not working :cry:

Just checked him and still not good I have given him 9 drops of Metacam this evening. I think I will phone the vets for advice as I don't want to syringe feed him like this I can tell he is in a great deal of pain :cry:

Hi Jane, Yes he is already on Metacam at home and Baytril and has been for the last 2 years. Unfortunately the Metacam is no longer controlling his tooth root pain he is on a really high dose already but it's not working :cry:

Just checked him and still not good I have given him 9 drops of Metacam this evening. I think I will phone the vets for advice as I don't want to syringe feed him like this I can tell he is in a great deal of pain :cry:

Oh, I see

I am sorry :cry:

Just phoned vets and they rang back. Can't give him any more Metacam so taking him down shortly to be PTS can't bear to see him so uncomfortable and in such pain :cry::cry::cry:

Just phoned vets and they rang back. Can't give him any more Metacam so taking him down shortly to be PTS can't bear to see him so uncomfortable and in such pain :cry::cry::cry:

You are being incredibly selfless and putting Smudge's needs first.
I really am very sorry that he cant be made better :cry:

I wish him a peaceful passing and rest assured you are doing the right thing for him.

I'm so sorry. You have given him a wonderful life, which he wouldn't have had but for you, and now in great love you let him go with dignity, and peace.
Big hugs.

Just got back from the vets without my little Smudge. He has now gone to The Bridge where he won't have any more tooth ache and pain.

It has been a hard year firstly losing my Honey at the age of 6 in January and now Smudge who was only 3. At least I know they both had a great life with me here Honey for 5 years and Smudge for 2 years :(:cry:

Just going to have few glasses of wine!

Just got back from the vets without my little Smudge. He has now gone to The Bridge where he won't have any more tooth ache and pain.

It has been a hard year firstly losing my Honey at the age of 6 in January and now Smudge who was only 3. At least I know they both had a great life with me here Honey for 5 years and Smudge for 2 years :(:cry:

Just going to have few glasses of wine!

:cry: :cry:

Binky Free Smudge, no more pain now xx

Back