• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is woodchip ok on floors for for buns?

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
I read somewhere on here that its best not to use woodchips for rabbits, but can't find where I read it!

I use some on the flooring of my boys hutches, which are well ventilated, although I have to admit that they often shove it to one side because they like lying on the lino or fleece blanket:). I was going to cut way down on it in the warmer weather anyway, but like to use it for the colder weather as extra warmth.

You guys all seem to have so much experience of what's good for bunnies, so your input would be appreciated!:wave:

Sorry for being too lazy to type 'in my opinion' !! :wave:
:oops:Thought it was a technical term!!!!!:lol:

I've cut right down on the woodchip anyway now that it's warmer - I didn't put much in today when I cleaned out. They've got lino on the floors, and bits of fleecy blankket and piles of hay. I mainly use it now in the litter trays, but only a handful to stop them eating the Carefresh! Then they have hay on top of the litter tray.

:)

Back