• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grass question

footballgirl

Alpha Buck
hi,

my grass got cut on wednesday. is there a set amount of time that bunnies can't go on it after being mowed?

just wanted to make sure.

thanks

HI,

Not as far as I'm aware - mine are often on the grass (free-ranging) WHEN I'm mowing it :lol:. The main thing to be aware of is NEVER feed grass clippings from the mower to bunnies. It ferments causing bad tummy upsets and possible gut stasis.

HI,

Not as far as I'm aware - mine are often on the grass (free-ranging) WHEN I'm mowing it :lol:. The main thing to be aware of is NEVER feed grass clippings from the mower to bunnies. It ferments causing bad tummy upsets and possible gut stasis.

hi,

thanks for the real quick reply :)

I banned our gardener from the back garden til id picked some grass for the bunnies lol.

while its so sunny, I'll put them out then.

thanks again :)

It's just occurred to me though - does the mower collect the clippings or are you leaving them on the surface of the cut grass? If you're collecting them then it'll be OK to put the bunnies straight out but if you're leaving the clippings on the lawn, I'd wait until they were bone dry before letting the bunnies out to munch.

It's just occurred to me though - does the mower collect the clippings or are you leaving them on the surface of the cut grass? If you're collecting them then it'll be OK to put the bunnies straight out but if you're leaving the clippings on the lawn, I'd wait until they were bone dry before letting the bunnies out to munch.

Thats what I was wondering. If it collects they are fine. If it doesnt I would get the rake out

nah, the mower collects all the cut grass up, so that's not an issue.

they enjoyed there run about thou :)

thanks

I never get to cut my lawn as it is muched down by bunnies/piggies!

In fact I have to sometimes keep them off to give it a few days rest as it gets so bald!

Back