• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help and vibes please upsys not well - ud booked in vets :(

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
topsy's not well....
i feel like such a failure
ive booked her in for the vet for 3 o clock :(
i noted yesterday she had a bit of wet or dirt by her mouth but as theyre digging all the time didnt think anything of it...this morning she has a white growth across half of one eye and her chin is all wet and matted :(:(

whats the matter with her?

I feel like s**t

Last edited:
Could the growth be her third eyelid? Could you post a pic?

Has she had any dental probs?

I'm no expert, that's just what came to mind when I first read your post. I really hope the vet knows what is wrong and give her something to make her feel better.

I'm not sure, but I was thinking that if she is having a problem with her teeth then that could affect her drooling/matting and also her eyes. Is she eating ok?

yes eating fine....lots of hay too :s

That's a good sign then, but puts my theory out the window!

Could she have gotten something in her eye yesterday when digging?

ETA: p.s. I know I'm not being much help, just hope someone who knows what it could be comes along soon. *hug*

it could be she's scared of something, or in pain. a good general health check will be the best thing all round i think. xxx

she seems her normal self....shes eating, digging, playing with the others, muscling in....

her teeth seem fine...just checked, but under her chin is getting bald, the fur is matted and damp...

frosty had exactly them same, xrays showed nothing but perfect roots but she had tiny burrs and was put on antibiotics and metacam, both her eyes were sticking out and 3rd eyelid stretched out

vet so far as she has responded well to meds and op suspect she has a ligament prob with her jaw, as instead of the lower jaw going side to side when she chews it tilts or angles down causeing uneven wearing,

it could be a bit of dirt or hay stuck, in her eye
teeth
absess,

pop to vets i think to get her checked out, :D

went to vets but he was as much use as a chocolate fireguard

she is eating...but not as much.

The vet said her teeth is fine, and felt fine. He said it could be due to an abscess...or something else :s

Ive been given some baytril and a tablets, and told to see how she is and if no improvement to bring her back in for a anastetic and x ray :(:(

ive hand fed her tonight to make sure shes eating, she seems fine...i thought maybe eating a bit slower, but think that was more my impatience....
ive given her the baytril and tablets. and the damp udner her chin seemed a little less

And to make matters worse, I think shes lost weight, and now upsy and topsy look the same....im struggling to tell the difference. I think its now upsy.....and shes lost weight :(:(

feel like such a terrible terrible mum.

I am wondering if she could have dirt or hay between her eyelids. Autumn did something similar, and her eye was a bit funny for a couple of days.

I have heard of buns who get hay stuck in their nose which gives similar symptoms to dental problems. And don't worry, you are not a bad bunny mummy. I would try to do something to help you distinguish which is the medicated bunny, so you don't make a mistake.

shes eating fine this morning, head stright in the food bowl....still has drool...but doesnt seem as much....and her third eyelid. Its definitely upsy :oops: I think I need collars for them both. Shes my little fatty :love:

She does sneeze a little when she sticks her head into the food bowl...its like the pellet dust get stuck up her nose....could that eb related

i wouldfind another vets to be honest, or go with xray and poss bloods just to check and eliminate things,ask him to properly check her teeth whille shes out too

i wouldfind another vets to be honest, or go with xray and poss bloods just to check and eliminate things,ask him to properly check her teeth whille shes out too

Just made me think about Cherry, her teeth were missed 3 times by 3 different vets. It was right right at the back, so it may be an idea to go to a vet experienced in rabbit dental exams and dentals.

She will be eating because the pain killer is is working.

My guys have the sneezing thing eating pellets, if they had gotten stuck I would have thought ti would be her nose that would be the problem area, but I could be wrong

he looked at her teeth, and said they all seemed fine, that she had a slight spur on her back tooth but nothing serious that would cause the drool and eyelid :S

Back