• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping Cool

cd02

Young Bun
Hi :wave:

Might be a stupid question and I tried searching but couldn't find anything but I was wondering what do people do to help keep their indoor bunnies cool during hot weather?

I've heard things like "freeze a bottle of water and put it in their cage" etc but do people actually do things like that?

Any product you can buy that help them keep cool (cool pads etc), if so, any links of recommended ones?

Lastly, Pancakes always drinks from a water bottle but now the weather is warmer we've started letting him in the garden and put down a tub filled with water but he never drinks from it (not that I've seen anyway). Could this be a case of he doesn't understand the whole drinking from the tub or do you think he'll drink from it as and when he needs to? Its just I get worried as when we first got him he wouldn't drink out of the water bottle unless you were holding it and took him a good couple of weeks to get to gribs with drinking it on his own and maybe this could be the same kind of thing??? or am i being stupid lol

Probably he doesn't want to drink it from that! LOL

Cooling tiles are good, or terricotta tiles or plant pots (sorry, i don't know how big your rabbit is! :oops:) I think that plenty of shade and light coloured tiles are good. I personally don't agree with the old frozen bottle thing, I'd get a shock suddenly getting a frozen bottle on me!

My buns have a bowl and a bottle and Timmy drinks from the bowl and Mimi from the bottle. I think they have their preferences!
Either way a good tip is to put a few ice cubes into their water to keep it nice and cool on a hot day :D
xxxx

Back